Halloween

The days are starting to blend together. It's always the same thing anymore. School, Wyrm, sleep.  There isn't any news on Jason's death. Everyone seems to think it's still Fp who was behind it. The Serpents know better though. They are still trying to find something, anything to prove Fp's innocence and also, find the truth on who really killed him and why?

The town is starting to turn against them. More than they already were. The old washed up Serpent king took out the golden boy of Riverdale. People were upset and they demanded justice.

There was going to be justice alright and Betty was bound and determined to find the truth and make the culprit pay.

Jughead hated going to school anymore, the stares drove him nuts and it took everything he had in him not to snap. He was afraid it would make them look more guilty than they were. It doesn't stop him from doing what needs to be done.

He sits at his table in the kitchen of the trailer. He's working on an assignment for American government. He hates it, learning about the past and about how nothing has changed. He thinks the American government is the biggest crock there is. So much can be done to change yet no one does.

There's a noise and Jughead looks up and sees Betty singing and dancing around the living room. He likes to see her like this happy and careless. It's been a few weeks since the incident at the Blue and Gold and it seems like it didn't phase her. He's worried that if she keeps more inside, that one day she's going to combust and it won't be any good. He's convinced her to start undergoing therapy again. She starts back tomorrow.

Tomorrow is also Halloween. A day he has been dreading since the last dance. He doesn't want to go, he doesn't want Betty to go. He's afraid something bad will happen. But that's besides the point. Betty wants to go so he will go. She gets what she wants. She always gets what she wants.

Jughead hears the door close and he looks and sees Pea coming towards him. He puts away his homework, knowing it won't get done now.

"Sup boss." Pea said as he sat down across from him. Pea smiles when he sees Betty dancing. She hasn't noticed him yet.

"How goes it?" Jughead asked.

"Same shit different day, you know how it goes." Pea laughed.

"Yeah, I know." he said as he watched Betty.

Pea smiles. "She looks happy," he said.

"It's nice to see." Jughead said as he took a sip of his water. "So what's up?" he asked him.

"Found out some things, figured I'd come by and catch you up on the findings." he said.

"You could have called," Jughead said.

"Eh, what's the fun in that? Plus there is entertainment here." Pea laughed. As both men watched Betty dance to the music.

"Mine" Jughead growled. He knows that Pea is just playing. He would never touch what was his. They are brothers, stronger than blood. "You can look but you can't touch." Jughead said.

Pea rolled his eyes. "You know I'm just messing" he said.

Jughead laughed. "So what did you find out?" he asked.

"Well, after FP got arrested. He used his one and only phone call to call Joaquin." Pea said.

Jughead was trying to wrap his brain around what he had just heard. It doesn't make much sense and he had questioned why he didn't receive a call from him and now he knows why. "De Santos?" he asked, just to make sure they were talking about the same one. Even though he already knows the answer. There is only one Joaquin.