Summer Party

It's been 6 months since Hal Cooper's murder. Ten months since she had met Jughead and almost a year since the murder of Betty's mother, brother and sister. It's been the worst year of her life and at the same time, the best year of her life. Meeting Jughead was the best thing that could have ever happened to her. He has shown her more love and kindness than anyone she has ever known. That is the reason she fell in love with him. He is the reason she is where she is today. Alive.

Today they are driving up to Centerville, Betty's home town, to visit their grave site. A place Betty has never been before.

Even though she has come a long way. She still has nightmares about that time. Jughead hopes that seeing their graves and saying goodbye will give her the peace of mind that she truly needs. 

Jughead turns and sees Betty looking out the window, seemingly lost in thought. "Are you okay?" he asked her.

"Yeah, I'm just a little nervous." she said, "Looking at the passing scenery is helping to calm my nerves." she adds.

"You know I'll be with you the whole time. Right?" he told her.

"Yeah, I know. It doesn't make me any less anxious. It's just what it is." she said as she smiled softly.

He placed his hand on her knee, trying to relax her a bit. It seems to help so he keeps it there. She turned back towards the window and resumed her position, looking out the window.

It takes another 45 minutes to get to the town. Jughead stops at a little store on the city limits. He goes in and buys some flowers. While there he asked for directions to the cemetery. He was a little lost.

It took another 10 minutes to get to the cemetery with the directions that were given to him. He didn't tell Betty and that it was between him and the clerk.

Shady Elms Cemetery, the signs read. What a strange name, he thought to himself as he grabbed Betty's hand and interlocked it with his, she is shaking badly. He hates it when there is nothing that he can do for her.

He walks up with her. Someone has been taking care of the area. It's been kept up real nice. He hands her the flowers and let's her finish the trek up there, alone. This was something she needed to do on her own.

Betty fell to her knees and started to cry and started to talk a bit in between the sobs.

Jughead sat on the ground by a tree and let her be. He watched and that was it. She started to talk to each one of them separately.

"Mom, I miss you so much. I just want to tell you that I'm okay. Really, I am, so don't worry about me. I've met this amazing man. He is everything a man should be. I wish you could have met him. You would have loved him. He makes me feel special and that is all that matters. I'm sorry that I haven't been to visit before, I promise to come here more often. I love you." she says as tears flow down her face at an unprecedented rate.

"Polly, big sis. How I miss you so much. So much has changed in a year. I don't know where to start. You would love Riverdale. It's kind, people here are kind, and they do care. You would love Toni and Cheryl. Yes, Cheryl as in Blossom. They are like sisters to me. Jason is here too, but there's more to that story, but that's for a later time. I joined the cheerleading squad and it's awesome. Oh, I have a boyfriend now, and he's kind and sweet and loving. He takes care of me. He is why I'm here today" she sighed. " I wish things were different. I love you Polly, I will visit soon." she adds.

Two months ago Betty got another tattoo. It's located on her upper back. It's of angel wings and has her mother and siblings names and birth dates in between the wings. A remembrance for them. It's a real beautiful peace. It made 8-ball cry after he finished it. To this date he says it's the best piece he has ever done. Even took a picture of it and framed it on his wall. This made Betty proud. She is showing it off to them. Jughead smiles as he watches her.