The new kid

A few weeks have passed and it's been really quiet around Riverdale, no ghoulies, no Blossoms, no Lodges. It's a little strange to Jughead. He still has everyone watching and waiting for the ball to drop. He will not be caught off guard when something happens, it's just a matter of time before it will.

Jughead sits on his bike outside the trailer, smoking a cigarette and waiting for Betty to come out. It's almost time for school.

"It's beautiful outside today." Betty says as she walks out the door, turning to lock it.

"Not as beautiful as you." Jughead said.

Betty smiles. "I forgot to tell you, Mr. Weatherbee has asked me to be a mentor to a new student. They start school today and I'm supposed to meet them to give them the grand tour." she said.

"Who?" he asked, as she got on the bike behind him.

She wrapped her arms around him. "I don't know, once I get to school, I will get more information." she said,

Jughead says nothing. He starts the bike and they head to school.

It doesn't take long to get there. He notices that the others are already there waiting for them out front of the building. He parks his bike and they head towards them. He really hates this school. He is counting down the days until it's over, which is 257 days.

"Sup." he says to them.

"Jones" Toni said as she rolled her eyes at him.

He chuckled. "Still mad, I see." he grinned.

"Hmpf." she said as she walked away.

Cheryl is laughing, "She is messing with you." she smirked.

"Whatever." he said. "I will not be the one to crack," he adds.

"Have you met Toni, you should know by now she doesn't lose. So prepare for a long battle or maybe just let it go." Cheryl said.

"How can I let this go? She took the last piece of pizza. The pizza I specifically said I wanted. I even wrote my name on the box." He said as he shook his head. It's ridiculous, he thought.

"I don't know what to tell you, Jug." Cheryl said as she shrugged her shoulders and went into the building.

"All right, I have to go meet with Mr Weatherbee." Betty said as she walked away.

"Why?" Archie asked.

"Giving the new kid a tour." Jughead said.

"Who's that? I didn't know there was anyone new in town." he said.

"I don't know." I said.

Sweets, Archie and Fangs all had a look of concern on their faces. None of them knew about this.

"I feel ya, that's the same look I had." Jughead said.

Betty runs back out and kisses Jughead. "Sorry, I forgot" she giggled. "I know that look guys, it will be fine." she said as she ran back inside.

"That girl" Jughead said smiling.

They all head in and start the school day. They don't meet up with each other until English. The fun class. He hasn't got in any trouble since he stopped wearing his Serpent Jacket. However, Cheryl has made it her mission to wear super short skirts so she can show off her Serpent Tattoo. Mr. Weathebee has not been too thrilled about it. Asked her a few times to change her appearance and she replied that there is nothing in the school's handbook that says she can't wear skirts above the knee. It's a loophole and he can't do anything about it.