Everyday is something new.

It's been about a week since Betty's kidnapping. It hasn't affected her like everyone thought it would considering her past.

She has been working hard on trying to find evidence to prove that Fp Jones didn't kill Jason Blossom, even though there is evidence that showed that he did. The biggest question is, why would he? What is in it for him? It's not like he is the Serpent King anymore.

Cheryl now believes that her father Clifford Blossom killed her brother and framed FP. She herself is trying to figure out more about her father and his doings with Hal and Vanessa.

What is wrong with the parents of their town? Abusers, killers, alcoholics, non existent. The list can go on forever.

Jughead sits around the lunch table in the cafeteria. He knows he has had it easy considering. His people have been through so much and yet they are the strongest people he knows. Especially Betty and Cheryl.

Pea and Fangs come and sit down, breaking Jughead out of his thoughts. They started talking about the football game last night.

Jughead just watches, he's a people watcher and that's how he learns things. People think they are clever in hiding the truth of what they do. Jughead just sits back and smiles. Between the drug deals with the bulldogs and secret love affairs with teachers, nothing is secret. Jughead is clever, Jughead is smart, he only allows people to know what he wants, so in return no one knows anything about him. That's the way he likes it.

He makes a mental note to talk to Archie about Miss. Grundy. That just makes his skin crawl. Archie is better than that, he can find someone better than that.

Jughead looks up and sees Veronica once again staring at him. He sees the Bulldogs walk in with Mr. Muller right behind them. It's like he wants to be caught. He is daring someone to call him out. Mr. Muller smirks at Jughead as he walks by his table. Fucking Basterd, he thought. The day is coming when he gets what he deserves.

When he hears "Juggie," he doesn't need to look to find out who it is. He smiles as she sits down next to him and kisses him on the cheek. The light of his life.

"Hi, princess," he said as he turned to meet her lips. Her soft, soft lips.

"So?" Betty said as she rummaged around in her backpack.

"No!" he said back quickly.

"You don't even know what I was about to say." she said.

"Don't need to, I know your body language," he laughed.

"Whatever" she said as she placed a flyer in front of him that she pulled out of her bag.

He turned it around without even looking at it.

"Look at it," she said to him.

Jughead laughed, he loved when she used her voice, especially when she wanted something. He turns it over and it's for a Halloween party. With a costume contest involved. He shakes his head. He already knows where she is going to go with this.

"Again, No," he said. The last time they went to a school function she was kidnapped. He has no attention on remotely allowing that again, his goal in life is to keep her safe and a loud party in the dark is not that place.

"Really?" Betty said as she crossed her arms against her chest. "You don't even know what I was going to say." she adds.

"Oh, I don't. So you weren't going to ask if we could dress up and go?" he asked her.

"Well, if you put it that way." Betty said. "Want to go?" she adds as she bit her bottom lip and smiled at him.

Jughead laughed at her cuteness.