Chapter 35: 집 (Home)

Ji-pyeong had always been a little too competitive for his own good. Even as a student, he wouldn't let anyone score higher than him in exams. The excuse of him being an orphan didn't bode well when he thought no one really cared. He had more reason to succeed than others.

This fact got thrown out the window when Dal-mi beat him at proposing. He wasn't disappointed in losing to her at all. In fact, he was so glad, he took her into his arms and swung her around like they do in the movies.

The answer was yes, of course.

To be precise, his answer contained screams of joy and announcing it to everyone in the cafeteria. A million times yes wouldn't be enough to truly comprehend his happiness behind it. They were ready to embark upon a new adventure that came their way.

Ji-pyeong took Dal-mi's face, placing a kiss on her forehead. Her arms automatically wrapped around his chest, her head resting there like it was the only place she wanted to be. He engulfed her in, his smile beyond limits and his eyes almost on the verge of tearing up with cheerfulness.

Dal-mi asking him to marry her was probably the biggest surprise in his life. He had already planned everything and was waiting for Cheongmyeong Company's test drive to be over. But she took the first chance she got to ask him. That's what made him love her even more. Her sense of taking action was unparalleled.

While they were embracing their future, the present suddenly dragged them back to reality. People around them gave awkward looks to each other, glancing at the hugging couple occasionally. They took a step back from each other, clearing their throat. Dal-mi chugged down the water from the paper cup to hide her embarassment.

Ji-pyeong pretended to notice the time on the wall clock. "Is it two already? Don't we have that..."

Dal-mi, realizing what he was trying to do, nodded. "Ah, we completely forgot about that."

Holding hands, they exited the cafeteria with pacing feet, almost running to get out of sight. They laughed together after finding safe place to hide from the audience. Ji-pyeong pulled her inside an empty conference room, unable to resist the urge to kiss her. Dal-mi joined in, none of them bothering to lock the door or even switch on the lights.

"Seo Dal-mi," he said, breaking apart for breath. "You ruined my entire proposal in just three sentences."

Dal-mi chuckled. "Both of us would've said yes in either situation."

It wasn't her idea to pop the question in such a manner. She actually wanted to wait for Ji-pyeong to be ready. But that one moment of him looking at her like she was the most important person to him had her flustered. She hated the idea of waiting anymore. They'd already lost much time to be doing that. Hitting the accelerator felt like a necessity at the moment.

"You really are a masterpiece." Ji-pyeong said with admiration in his eyes.

Dal-mi smiled, looking up at him. "I'm yours as you are mine."

Ji-pyeong's heart leaped so much, he was afraid he might actually faint. There was no place he'd rather be right now, no woman he'd rather choose and no family he'd rather be part of. She was his home and he had finally returned.

Taking the day off, they went to give halmoni the brilliant news. She already had high hopes for them, the turnout demanding a joyous celebration.

"I didn't think you were capable of asking her," she teased Ji-pyeong when Dal-mi went to change her clothes. "Turns out I was right."

He made an annoyed face. "I was going to, though." He said adamantly. "I even bought a ring."