Chapter 24: Closure

Do-San and team had to accept Alex's offer to be part of 2STO for three years because of the penalty amount. None of them were happy about it, especially Do-San but they had to take it. 

The day they were clearing their office, Dal-Mi handed Do-San his signed ball back. She wanted to be the bigger person and wished him luck for his future. The time they spent together was memorable indeed. She had learnt a lot of things about Artificial Intelligence, thanks to him.

"If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been able to reach this far," she told him. "Without you, I wouldn't have been fully aware of my potential. I really want to thank you one last time for everything."

Do-San knew it was a goodbye when she said those words. He had lost Dal-Mi the day she found out about the letters, but still wasn't able to accept the fact that she would really choose Mr. Han over him for those. Their history really was stronger than the time she spent with him. 

"Is this really how you want to end things between us?" He had asked tearing up.

"Yes," Dal-Mi said, without any hesitation. "Because I don't want to be confused anymore. You are not the Nam Do-San from the letters after all."

She remembered the disappointment on his face which surely made her feel like the bad guy. But she didn't want to give him anymore hope. She didn't want to string him along. He would only be able to move on if he found some closure.

Sighing, she took out her phone and called Mr. Han. He picked up at the second ring which made her smile a little. No matter how busy he was, Dal-Mi was always his priority.

"Dal-Mi-ah," he said into the phone. "Are you done packing your things?"

"Yes," she said. "I wanted to meet you before leaving the office."

Ji-Pyeong felt elated at that. "I'm almost done with my work. Can you wait for me? Let's get lunch together."

"Okay, I'll wait in the lobby." she said hanging up. 

They never really went on a date before getting intimate with each other. Did this meant he wanted to make it official? Even thinking about that, made her feel like she was one step closer to him. 

As she was about to leave the area to wait for him, she saw Director Yoon approaching her. They bowed and smiled at each other.  

"I heard you are the girl from the swing," she said suddenly.

"How did you know that?" Dal-Mi asked, surprised.

"Ms. Won told me that she's not the girl from the logo like she had claimed before. But you are." she said.

Dal-Mi realized her sister was also taking the high road this time. It made her heave out a breath in appreciation for her. The bad blood between them was finally starting to fade away.