Chapter 20: Acquisition

Dal-Mi came to work the next day, tired and yawning every five minutes. Mr. Han had given her more reason not sleep properly by telling her that he would take a transfer to US. For her.

She smiled like a kid when she thought of that. He had made her choice of moving to San Francisco so much bearable. Now he would be there with her the entire time.

She paused walking for a moment, considering the factors surrounding their current state. Would he ask her to move in with him? To be honest, she would hate living there alone. But would he really ask her to live with him? They would be like a live-in couple in a foreign country.

Just thinking about it made her face turn red as she covered her cheeks to protect them from catching fire. She was getting ahead of herself. Wasn't she the one who suggested to take it slow? What if he doesn't ask her anything about their living arrangement because of that.

"Aish!" she cursed herself, beating her head on the wall. Why did she have to tell him that? She really did want to stay with him.

"You've finally lost your mind, haven't you?"

A voice from behind startled her  as she turned around to find Sa-ha standing there. She became aware of her surrounding and how people were literally staring at her and laughing.

Dal-Mi cleared her throat, adjusted her hair to cover her face more and said to her, "No. I just like living in the moment."

Sa-ha smiled. "I can't argue with that," she said. "I heard Alex wanted to meet us today at 12."

Dal-Mi looked confused. "Really? How come I don't know this?"

"Didn't Do-San inform you?"

Dal-Mi realized that's what Do-San was calling for yesterday

Dal-Mi realized that's what Do-San was calling for yesterday. He wanted to tell her that. She had been trying so hard to distance herself from him that she let it affect her work. Feeling disappointed in herself, she had another question in her brain.

"Why did Alex call Do-San?" she asked to Sa-ha. "Even if he did call him, he should've called me too. I am the CEO. So why did he only contact the CTO?"