Chapter 19: Destination

That night Dal-Mi couldn't sleep even a little. Every time she tried, she could see Mr. Han's face smiling in front of her. Were his dimples the reason he looked so handsome? Maybe it was his lips. He did have nice soft lips. She remembered him kissing her forehead, even though it was a little blurry, she still could feel his tenderness.

Dal-Mi grunted, shaking her head. It was already  in the morning and she didn't even catch one blink of sleep. All she was doing was obsessing over Mr. Han.

As she closed her eyes, she was brought back to his apartment again. The way he hugged her. The way she fit right into his arms. The way she felt safe.

So many thoughts entered her head as she thought of the deal they signed, the money they would get but most importantly, the time she would spend apart from Mr. Han after moving to San Francisco.

She knew it was temporary but it was still breaking her heart. How could he possibly be so kind as to wait for her? The words he said stuck with her like a sweet dream, a dream full of rainbows and cherry blossoms.

Her phone buzzed suddenly, making her jump a little. When she saw who it was, she sat up upright without any care that she needed to wake up early tomorrow.

"Are you asleep?" The text read.

She smiled broadly as she pressed the call button. He picked up on the first ring.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping right now?" Mr. Han said, his voice sounding a lot better than yesterday.

"I can ask you the same question," she said, turning on the night lamp. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes," he admitted. "All thanks to you."

Dal-Mi nodded. "Those medicines work really nice."

"I wasn't talking about the medicines though," he said. "I realized I only needed to see you in order to feel better."

Dal-Mi's face turned so red she was glad Mr. Han wasn't there in front of her right now.

"Don't exaggerate, Mr. Han," she said, clearing his throat. 

"I'm just being honest," Ji-Pyeong said, leaning on the headboard of his bed. "I don't want to lie to you anymore."

Dal-Mi collapsed on her pillow. "Mr. Han," she started.

"Dal-Mi-ah, can you call me on a first name basis?" He asked hopefully

Her heart paused for a while as she stumbled to form the words in her brain. "You have a really good last name though," she said, placing a hand over her forehead and cursed herself for not having much experience in the department whatsoever.

It made Ji-Pyeong smile, a little at her innocence and a little at how she always knew how to handle a situation.

"I don't want to force anything on you though," he said at last. "You can call me whatever you feel comfortable with."