Chapter 16

Weird. This was weird. Very weird. I had woken up to Xavier's side of the bed empty but that wasn't out of the ordinary. I waited patiently for one of the servants to knock on the door, letting me know Xavier was waiting to have breakfast with me in his office. After that little fiasco with the strawberry he made sure having meals together became apart of our daily routine. He never failed to flirt, make sly remarks, or try to touch me. I hated it, yes, but I've gotten used to it. The problem was that the servant never came.

Xavier liked his breakfast at 10 o'clock sharp. I would carry the tray in my everyday clothes or my robe depending on my mood. There I would be held hostage, only allowed out with a guard, until lunch time around 1:30 p.m. Around mid-afternoon, Xavier would finish work and try his best to convince me to do some dumb activity with him. Of course I refused and instead retired to our room where we then shared dinner together at 5 o'clock. This had become my everyday life for...I wasn't sure how long. I had lost count of the days especially since I wasn't attending that stuck up school or seeing any of my friends.

It was now 11 and the servant was no where to be seen. It felt uncomfortable, almost unnatural to be away from Xavier. He was the only person I socialized with. I hadn't seen Noah around and none of Xavier's guards were amused by my small talk. I either had an unwanted conversation with Xavier or read one of his books. In other words, Xavier claimed he wanted something real with me even though he basically kept me captive. Yet, I still fucking missed him.

I'd had enough of waiting around by lunch time. No one had fed me breakfast or lunch and I was also starving for attention. Already dressed, I peeked out the bedroom, seeing if Xavier would make an appearance. With no sign of the pain in the ass, I bee lined for his office down the hall. His usual guards stood in front of the door with expressionless faces. I understood that everything was strict around here but they acted like they were protecting the queen of England.

I reached for the door knob but a thick arms blocked my path, "Sorry Miss but Mr. Albertelli is busy right now."

"Doing what?" I placed my hands on my hips and cocked my head to the side. "What could he possibly be doing that is more important than addressing my concerns?"

Almost immediately I regretted what I had said. Okay, there was a lot of things that could be more important than my whining, he ran a mafia for fucks sake, but still. My tummy begged to differ.

The other guard chuckled, "I understand Miss but Mr. Albertelli's father is here. There is important business they must attend to."

"So what? He couldn't feed me in the midst of it. 'I want you to love me' my ass." As I ranted on in front of the guards who gave each other a knowing look, the doors to Xavier's office flew open.

"Xavier can you please tell them that, oh...."

A large, yet fit man stood in the doorway with a neatly pressed suit. His tall stature blocked my view of the office and his deep set eyes bore down on me. His salt and pepper hair was gelled and parted to the side that was connected into a matching, thick beard.

"Ah, yes must be Tori?" His accent was strong and he stretched his big hand out towards me. "My Xavier has talked a lot about you."

I placed my tiny hand into his. Despite my preconception about him he handled my hand delicately. His aura was frightening. Not in the same way Xavier was intimidating. He was terrifying.

"I'm Xavier's father. Sorry that I've taken up so much of his time," he carefully let go of my hand and straightened his tie. "I've got to run but I hope to see you soon. I think my wife would like you very much."

Before I could say much he passed by me, leaving me standing in shock. I could now see Xavier, calmly filling out papers at his desk, per usual. "You know," he turned his attention towards me. "We could hear all of your complaining through the door."