Chapter 11

I sat in the dimly lit corner of the training side of the hub, watching Noah's movements during his combat session. It was killing me inside thinking about how much heart break I had cause Noah and how much more I was going to create. I had been waiting for thirty minutes, too nervous to pull Noah aside. I've already caused him so much trouble it was better to play it safe.

Noah rubbed the sweat off his brow, looking around the training grounds while trying to catch his breath. As he spotted me in the corner he hung his head low before reluctantly heading in my direction, "Tori, can I help you with something?".

It hurt to receive such an unwanted tone from Noah. It was just days ago that we were sneaking kisses in empty hallways and now we weren't even allowed to be on speaking terms.

"I have to talk to you about something," I mumbled. 

Already through with the conversation Noah placed his hands on his hips, "You want to or is he forcing you?"

"Believe me, I wanted to talk to you Noah," I insisted. "But...I just didn't  want it to go this way."

Noah gave me a pained smile before motioning for me to continue, "We can't see each other, Noah."

He chuckled, "No shit Tori! We wouldn't have been seeing each other if you hadn't failed to mention you're engaged. TO THE BOSS."

I squeezed my eyes shut and balled my fist, "You don't understand Noah. I-it's not like I wanted to be with Xavier."

"Tori," he sighed. "That doesn't matter. You know it's already gone around that I was messing with the Boss' girl. People are wondering why I'm not dead."

"I didn't think he would find out. He doesn't pay attention to me anyway" I said under my breath.

Noah shook his head in disagreement, "You really don't know anything do you Tori?"

"What are you even talking about Noah?" I got up off the wall I was leaning on, suddenly interested in what 'I didn't know'.

"The Boss goes on an on about you. That whole garden is for you. That ball was instructed to be perfect, for you. He brags about you, refers to you as 'my girl'." Noah ranted. "And I was such a fool for not realizing that 'his girl' that somehow had the same pretty eyes and gorgeous smile, was also mine."

"You're lying," I choked.

"God Tori I wish I was." Noah quickly wiped his watering eyes. "I get it. You missed me. I missed you too. So much Tori...but I wish you hadn't lied to me."

"How was I going to tell you that I was engaged!" I cried. "I don't want to be here, stuck with him. I want to be home, with you and my friends, trying to make a normal, long distance, college relationship, work!"

"But you can't Tori," He cradled the underside of my face. "You know that. There is no way we are getting out of here, let alone Italy. We have to keep each other safe and alive. And who knows, if we were meant to be together I feel like we would be by now."

"Don't say that!" I said refusing to believe anything he says.

"The Boss...he actually does care about you-"

I pushed against his shoulder, "Stop it Noah!"

Tears of frustration streamed down my cheeks as he pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry Tori. But there is no point in pining over each other, we just weren't meant to be. But...I want you to know that I really do lo-"

"Don't," I whispered. "That'll just make it worse. I just want to hold you for the last time, okay? I need you to stay far away from me, move on, so he doesn't lay a finger on you."