Chapter 22

After the short but not very sweet family vacation Xavier had kept his promise. With every bit of resistance from Nicolo, Erin still managed to make it home with us. Don't get me wrong I still loved spending time with Xavier but I couldn't help but be excited that I finally had someone familiar living with me. It made me feel less...alone.

Erin and I would spend our days doing anything that could possibly seem normal again. We baked, had movie marathons, and did crafts until the long winter days started to show signs of spring. And although I had my suspicions that Xavier felt a bit left out he hadn't mentioned a thing. For weeks things were going well, at least for Erin and I. Erin felt a lot more comfortable in the new environment, never having to worry about pissing off that unstable bastard. And I, I was finally able to express all my doubts and concerns with not just Erin but all the other girls after begging Xavier to see them again.

However over time it was obvious that Xavier's patience was running out.

"Where are you going again?" he grumbled, his raspy morning voice making it very hard to not jump back into that bed with him.

"Umm," I huffed as I shrugged a pair of jeans on. "I think I'm going to go hang out with Erin today."

"On a Saturday?" he whined. "The weekends are when I get to actually spend time with you. Can't you make time for me for just two days?"

I sighed, finally pulling the jeans over my thighs, "Calm down Xavier. I have the rest of my life to spend time with you. It's not like I have choice."

Once the words left my mouth I immediately regretted it. Of course what I said was true but it always bothered him when I would say things like that. In my opinion he seemed a tad bit guilty but I assumed it was because he couldn't do anything about our situation.

"Come on Tori we've talked about this. I don't like it when you say things like that," Xavier now sat upright in the bed, watching me as I slipped on a pair of socks. "Just stay with me today. Please."

I paused, seriously contemplating whether or not I should see Erin today. I didn't want to cause any more problems between Xavier and I. I figured the part where I was kidnapped and held captive in a foreign country was already enough drama. Plus, Erin could survive a day alone in the house, right?

"Fine," I let out breathily."Just let me tell her I'll be busy this weekend and then I'll be back."

Xavier smirks, casually lying against the headboard of our bed, "I'm not going anywhere. Come back quickly."

Shacking my head at his weak attempt to be seductive I shuffled out the door. It wasn't like it would take me long. Xavier had made sure to provide a room on the opposite side of the hall for Erin. Which meant I could see Erin whenever I wanted while still maintaining Xavier and I's... privacy. 

I knocked once, twice, a third time on Erin's door and there still wasn't an answer. Did she fall asleep? Because Erin and I were already close I didn't think twice about opening her bedroom door. Instead of seeing Erin sleepily tucked away in her bed I was met with a slightly messy, yet empty room.

"Can I help you Miss?" one of the newer maids asked me as she passed by with a fresh set of towels.

"Just call me Tori." I reassured her with a smile. "And...you haven't happened to see Erin have you?"

"Ah yes!" she chirped. "Miss Erin went down to the kitchen to meet a friend. She said he was going to cook something for her."

I frowned, who else could Erin possibly be meeting in the kitchen? "He?" I whispered softly. A terrible feeling bubbled in the pit of my stomach. There was one other person we both knew. Someone who also liked to take me to the kitchen. But she wouldn't...would she?