Chapter 6

The woman strutted to the front of the room where an important looking podium awaited upon her arrival. There she swiped a wooden ruler from the chalkboard, intimidatingly smacking it against her palm on rhythm.

"As I said before, good morning. Today we will be continuing lessons but first I see a good amount of fresh faces. Why don't some of you come up here and introduce yourselves." She made here way over to us and began to walk down the aisle, the sound of the ruler harshly hitting her flesh startling some of the girls in front of us.

"Oh come on don't be shy," Her voice was threatening, almost venomous but managed to play it off. "Hmm how about...you!"

Her bony but manicured finger pointed straight at me, dangerously close to my eye. I wouldn't put it past her if she made a student lose their sight.

"I'm good thanks." Avoiding eye contact I looked at my desk pretending to be far more interested in the indentations left behind from previous students.

"Well what do we have here?" The sharp snapping of the ruler causing me to jump in my seat. "You must be Tori. We have a future Albertelli over here."

Murmurs and whispers jumped from all corners of the room. Here we go again with the "future Albertelli" bullshit. I didn't even know what that fully meant.

"And which brother do you belong to hmm?" She circled around chair letting the ruler glidecross my desk.

Belong to? I couldn't believe. It was as if she was doing everything in her power to provoke. Not to mention the fact that there were more Xavier's out there.

"Xavier." I gritted teeth to stop myself from talking back.

The hushed murmurs grew louder especially in the back left corner where three girls resided.

"Ah I see. Well listen. Just because you are marrying Xavier doesn't mean that you are any better than the girls here. You will do what I say when I say it. You wouldn't want Mr. Albertelli to find out you are misbehaving, right?" She gave me a smirk before walking confidently back to the podium.

The three girls in the back of the room snickered loudly. Of course. Just when I escaped high school drama I'm thrown back into the same toxic environment.

"Seeing as we won't get through introductions today why don't we inform our new students about our curriculum?" She paused for a moment, intentionally shifting her gaze towards us. "Everything you need will be taught in this classroom. All girls attending Florence's School For Girls are required to learn a new instrument, learn a new language, improve you formal manners and educate themselves on Italian politics."

"What the hell is this?," Penelope whispered, "Trophy Wife 101?"

We snickered only to be silenced by that damn ruler once again. If it looks could kill we would surely be dead. I knew just by the look on the teacher's face that Xavier would be hearing about my recent behavior in class.

Ignoring the commotion occurring on our side of the room she continued. "Girls that cannot speak Italian will be learning our native language along with another."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. As if we couldn't just learn Italian and call it a day. What did we do to make her hate us so much?

"Now," she wrote her name across the board in white chalk. Ms. Bianchi. "shall we get started?"

It traumatizing. To be back in the school in environment was bad enough but to find out I was horrible at all subjects was even worse. I had discovered that music notes made no sense to me, Italian was dumb, I had no manners and I couldn't care less about politics. And while Erin was a musical genius, Raina loved politics, Penelope could speak four languages and Allie practically dreamed of being a princess, I strongly doubted that I would be able to pass any of these courses.