Chapter 10

"Nothing" I mumbled as I messed with the clasp to my necklace.

Xavier slammed his hand down on the mahogany desk. "Why do you love to make my life five times harder! What is going on between you and that servant?"

"I said nothing." Still struggling with the necklace I began to tug at it in frustration.

Xavier sighed before slapping my hands away from the gold chain around my neck.

"W-what are you doing?" My breath hitched as I felt his fingers graze the up my back towards the necklace.

He paused for a while, "I'm just helping you out. Relax Tori."

Reluctantly, I relaxed my tense shoulders as he unclipped the shimmering pendant from around my neck. Unsure of what to do and still tipsy from the countless cups of alcohol I had earlier, I stood still.  

Without warning, Xavier's lips feathered along the back of my neck. Before I knew it his hands grazed across my back, slipping under the thin straps of my gown.

I wasn't sure if it was the champagne, I've always been a lightweight, or the emotional distress but I couldn't bring myself to stop him. Did it even matter? Would Noah ever talk to me again? Would he even be able to?

"Tori," Xavier whispered against my ear. "Is this okay?"

My mouth remained shut as he pulled the straps down. Once the dress started to fall past my chest I snapped out of my trance.

Clenching the dress in my hands I turned to Xavier, "Wait I-"

Eagerly, he grasped my chin in his hand, dragging me into a searing kiss. It felt...different. It was...perfect? No, it couldn't be. I was just drunk.

It wasn't true though. If I was completely drunk I wouldn't have remembered anything after that kiss. I wouldn't have remembered the entire night.

-

I woke up with a headache and a warm body engulfing my frame. I was in dire need of a shower but Xavier's heavy body was keeping me still. Carefully I removed his arm, tugging a sheet from the bed to cover my naked body.

Xavier groaned unexpectedly, rolling over onto his back and causing me to freeze in place. Quickly I tip toed into the connecting bathroom and started the shower, wanting to scrub the memories of last night away. Forget it, I thought. It didn't mean anything. 

My skin was reddened from the harsh rubbing, trying to wash away all the guilt. It was bad enough I had been so careless, jumping into Xavier's hold without a second thought. But now, I owe an explanation to Noah. 

In one night I had lost the very person that was keeping me sane here while drawing myself closer to the enemy. Hell, did Xavier remember? What would he think? Would he be upset?

After contemplating my entire existence in the bathroom I settle on acting like nothing happened. Nothing good would come from talking about it, some things are better left unsaid. Cautiously, I opened the door as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake Xavier. Unfortunately for me, Xavier was wide awake. He sat up on side, facing my direction with a proud smirk on his face. It irked me. Almost made me want to slap it right off his face.

"You could have spent more time in bed you know?" His eyes sparkled while he shot me a teasing smile. The atmosphere was weird to me, I've never seen Xavier like this. His usual cold and standoffish aura was replaced with genuine happiness. As if he was actually happy that we had sex last night.

Avoiding his gaze I grunted in response, heading into the closet on the other side of the room.

"What, you're not talking to me now?" He laughed as he watched me. "I wasn't that bad was I?"

I stopped, looking down at the pretty gown that now sadly sat at the foot of the bed. God I fucking hate that dress. No matter how much I tried not to think about it, everything was reminding me of my actions hours before.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I dryly replied as my fingers ran over the sequins on the dress. The problem was I knew exactly what he was talking about. It was good. In fact it was great. Amazing. Fantastic. And that's what I was scared of.

The beaming smile on Xavier's face fell as he registered what I said, "Don't lie to me Tori. I don't like it when you do."

"I don't know why you would care," I snapped back as I gathered the dress in my hands. Trying to avoid further conversation I hurried into the closet. With a towel still around me I looked through the racks of clothes for something comfortable to wear.

"And what makes you think that I wouldn't?" He stood in the doorway with a blanket loosely tied around his hips. The blanket sat low, giving me clear view of his v-line which I hated to admite, stirred something inside me.

Looking away, I pulled out a pair of sweats, "Don't play around with me, Xavier. You barely make any effort to see me."

"Is that what you want?" He had walked behind me when I wasn't looking and swept my hair to the side. "Is that it? You wanted to see me more? How can I when you're always with him?"

I choked. He knew this entire time? I started to silently panic, fearing for Noah more than myself.

With my back against the shelved Xavier towered over me with his muscular arms resting above my head. "What? You didn't think I knew about you and that boy? Tori, I have eyes on you at all times. Because I care."

I shook my head, "I don't-"

"I was waiting for you to slip up. I wanted you to confess. It was quite expected from you but Noah...he's a smart boy. I couldn't understand why he would risk everything to be with you," He caressed the side of my cheek. "But over time...and after last night, I think I get it. Too bad we'll have to get rid of him."

My heart dropped at the thought of Xavier hurting Noah, "Don't you dare put his hands on him! Punish me, he didn't know! I told him I was your assistant!" My hands pounded on his chest while he tightly held my wrists.

Xavier's jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed, "I've told you before Tori that I'll never lay my hands on you. I can't do it. He has to face some type of consequence!"

"No no no!" My eyes began to water. Why hadn't I listened that day in the garden. I was just so alone. "God no don't touch him. I'll do anything please just don't hurt him."

My vision became blurry as sobs racked through my body. My heart felt so heavy thinking of how I was responsible for Noah.

"Break up with him. Tell him you can never talk or see him again. If I even see you two in the same room he's done for."

He wiped my tears while holding me up, "And I'll deal with you after."