Chapter 8

About an hour of doing nothing and I'm bored. I feel useless, I curse out Unicron and Primus in my head, they are the ones who got me in this mess.

The trio of guardians left to pick up their charges from school leaving me with the boring Prime and the physic doc. I remember when I packed my school bag I put a sketch book in it with colored pencils and drawing pencils. I also have a notebook and pens so I can write, what luck.

I start walking down the catwalk to grab my bad from beside the bottom of the stairwell. I bring it up with me to the couch and rummage through it. I grab my sketchbook and drawing pencils and start to think of ideas but I need music.

"Hey Ratchet?" I ask in a small voice, I'm not feeling the best. He hums showing he is listening, "Can I have my Ipod?" I ask.

"Why?" He asks.

I sigh slightly before explaining," Well it's not technically an electronic, all it does is play music."

"Oh?" Ratchet says while looking at me.

"Please!" I ask.

"Fine," he says before gently grabbing my Ipod putting it in my lap I grab my earbud and plug them in.

I put both in as I start it up and turn on 'Counting Stars' playing it at the highest volume I can.

I come up with a girl with shattered eyes, which represents her soul, you know the eyes are the windows to the soul. I finish the sketching part and I start shading, highlighting, and anything else when a hand waves in front of my face.

I look up to see Miko and I turn off my favorite Panic! At the Disco song, 'This is Gospel.'

"You had us so worried, Alex," she says and pulls me into a hug before quickly letting go. "Never ever do that again."

I smile a small smile and say," Well I can't, I'm grounded by Ratchet and my uncle."

"Really!?" Jack asks with a laugh. 

I shut my eyes, suddenly tired again, and say," Yep, no electronics except my Ipod. Plus I'm not allowed out of the base for anything."

"Did you talk to Mrs. Darby?" Young Raf asks Ratchet.

Ratchet nods and says," Yes, she will be bringing Alex some food tonight."

"Wait! Not only did you get permission from my uncle you got it from Jack's mum and Optimus?" I ask him and Miko tries to stifle her laugh.

"He got three people to agree with him that you need to stay here and get a grounding?" Miko asks while laughing.

I roll my eyes and say," It's not that funny, I'm gonna go look for the bathrooms with showers."

"I'll show you," Raf says in an innocent tone.

I nod my head and he shows me the way once I gather my clothes. Once we get there he runs away back to the group and I step into the bathroom. I close the door and locking it.

I take a quick shower and change into a pair of black leggings and a light gray, long sleeved, turtleneck sweater. I pull my hair into a messy bun seeing as I didn't wash it. 

You would never know how cold it could be in the base but it is freezing.

I start humming 'The Hanging Tree,' quietly. I walk up with catwalk still humming it.

Jack smiles as he hears the song and starts humming it.

"You like Hunger Games?" I ask Jack as Raf's head shoots up when I mention the movie.

Jack replies," Yes, sadly I haven't read any of the books. I did watch all the movies."

"I love the books!" Raf exclaims as Miko rolls her eyes.

"Ok nerds why don..." Miko starts.

I cut her off, "Have you ever read it?" 

"Well no," Miko says.

I then ask," Have you ever watched any of the movies?" 

Miko shakes her head as Raf says," I think you would actually like it!"

"Why is that?" Bulkhead asks.

I sigh and sit on the floor and start," The hunger games is set in a dystopian future where the government makes the losers of world war 3 fight to the death. There are twelve districts each one trades the the government for food. The heroin decides the save her sister from fighting by volunteering in her place. The guy who is chosen comes up with a love story which turns out to be real. It progresses over four movies and three books. I won't give anything else away."

Ratchet, Bulkhead, Arcee, Bumblebee, and Optimus seem interested with the 'Hunger Games' now.

I then come up with a brilliant idea.

"Ratchet," I ask.

"What?" Ratchet asks.

"Can we have a movie marathon?" I ask.

Miko then perks up and says," We can watch IT and ET!"

"No Miko," I say sternly and her face falls slightly.

"Why?" Ratchet inquires.

"Well, you guys seem interested in 'Hunger Games' so why not show you the movies?" I say. Ratchet looks like he wants more convention," It is relaxing, you watch a movie series in one go. You eat candy, popcorn, drink sodas, which are not healthy I know, but if you want to break the tradition just tell us. After the movies are done you usually go to sleep."

"So Miko, Raf, and Jack will spend the night?" Ratchet asks.

I nod my head," Yes."

"They will need to talk to their parents," Ratchet and Optimus say at the same time.

Jack nods and says," I'll get on it. What movies are we gonna watch?"

"Hunger Games," I say with a smile as Raf wops and Jack smiles as he gets on a now transformed Arcee and leaves the base.

Bee whirs and Raf says," It is amazing! But I don't like some of it."

"Don't worry, I here to protect you for the infamous Kato!" I say with a laugh.

Miko suddenly has a look of realization on her face," What are we gonna wear as pajamas?"

"Bulkhead, Bumblebee, take the kids home to get snacks and pajamas," Optimus says in a commanding voice.

They leave quickly, now all I have to do is wait till they get back.