Chapter 5 - The Two Strangers

"W-What the....What is this!?"

Allen trembled as he reads the chapter. He's a villain, and he's being executed. The novel stated how he was decapitated while the audience were cheering. Allen blinked a few times, he skipped a lot of chapters, that's why he didn't understand much.

He was so deep in thought, he didn't realize that the phone had already fell from his hands. He didn't understand. He didn't understand why and how he became a villain. All he knew is, he's being executed in this novel, including his family. People were cheering victoriously, Ryan and his family steals the Coldwell's riches—Calia also gets a share, and Larence was standing there, watching the execution in satisfaction.

Allen rereads the part over and over again. There's no doubt, it really is him. He's the one who's being described in this novel. Based on what he had read so far, he commited an unforgivable crime. It says here that he had kidnapped Bella, beaten her up, and attempted to rape her. Not only that, he is allied with a man—which he assumes to be the main villain—who brought huge destruction towards the country, causing a lot of deaths.

"No way... Is this me?.... How? There's no way I would do such a thing." Allen's voice started to croak. What he's saying is true. Though he admit he watches Bella from afar, he would never do such things to hurt Bella. Also, he's not a murderer. His attitude may be shit, but it doesn't reach to the point where he wants to kill people.

This has to be a mistake. He refuses to believe this. In his whole life, he never dreamt of being a murderer.

"Yes, that's right. This must be a mistake. There's no way this is me!" Allen shakes his head.

As he was in total denial. Fear, sadness, and anger—mixture of emotions start piling up inside him.

"I apologize that you had to find out that way, it's really a pity. I know it's sad, but it's the truth." a cheerful voice interrupted.

Allen flinched. He notices that the voice was coming from above. So he looks up and sees the crazy mage.

"You!" Allen screeched, causing him to bump his head from under the desk, but he didn't mind the pain. Instead, he immediately grabbed the phone and ran for his life.

Unfortunately, the mage blocks the exit by using magic. "Kid, I suggest you to give up if you don't want a slow death." he says in a very scary tone, but this made Allen do the opposite and became motivated to escape more.

The crazy mage sighed on Allen's stubbornness. "You really don't give up, do you?" he tells the redhead. "Fine, if that's what you want then..." he raised his hand and blasted Allen with a magic spell.

"Holy carbonara!!!" Allen exclaimed and quickly dodged the attack, going down on the floor.

After that, he rushed towards the exit. He does anything in his might to open the door, but the magic prevents it from doing so. As he sees the mage who's about to end him, there was a sudden explosion from above.

A brown-haired guy descends from above, emitting such bright aura. He has messy hair with blinding bangs covering his left eye, he has smooth tan skin, and he wears a black cloak. As the brunet's feet touches the floor, his emerald green eye gazes onto Allen's ruby red ones.

Allen stayed on the ground, somewhat cautious at the guy who newly arrived. A moment later, he flinched when a black cat suddenly appeared behind the guy.

"Oh? So you're really the one, huh?" the brunet arched a brow. A moment later, his serious expression turns into relief. "It seems you're not evil yet, that's good news."

Allen furrowed his eyebrows.

The crazy mage looked displeasingly at the brown-haired guy. "Az. I hate it whenever you always come at the right time." he sneered.