Bonus Chapter 01: "Every great love"

thank you @vilingaway for this cover!  ]

Grow old with me, 

The best is yet to be,

The last of life,

For which the first was made. 

[A CERTAIN UNDEFINED AMOUNT OF TIME BEFORE THE EPILOGUE]

Annabeth

"Evans," someone says, "Hey, Evans- wake up."

I ignore it.

"Evans, come on, wake up."

I ignore it again.

"I know you can hear me, come on-"

I snuggle deeper into my soft pillow, paying no heed to the person because obviously, any person who is trying to ruin my sleep is stupid and not worth my time.

Now, back to my dream, where I was-

"Evans," this time, the deep voice drags it out a little, and I can feel arms wrapping around my waist, "C'mon wake up, open those pretty eyes for me-"

Ugh.

I can feel the tiny fluttering touches of his lips on my bare shoulder- and while it was nice and tingly and honestly- very cute and sweet, I did not want to wake up. So ugh.

I let out a loud whine, stuffing my head further into the pillow, but that only earns me a laugh from him, making the reverberations of the deep sound run down my skin.

God, even his laugh was attractive. Ugh.

He moves my hair to the side, kissing the back of my neck, before resting his chin on the back of my shoulder. "That's it, c'mon wake up-"

"Let me sleep, dipshit," I grumble angrily, but it comes out muffled because my face is stuffed into the pillow.

I can hear his rumbling, yet soft chuckle right next to my ear, as he presses his lips to my shoulder again. Even in my sleepy state, both those actions make me feel warm.

But ugh. Totally ugh.

"You're grumpy when you're half asleep and it's so fucking adorable," he murmurs, placing another kiss on my neck. "You sound like an angry little puppy-"

"Fuck off, James."

"And you swear too," he can't keep the laughter out of his voice, "I've been a bad influence on you, but you're such a cute little shit."

I grumble under my breath. Ugh.

"For real though, Evans," the arms around my waist tugs gently, making me slightly lift off the bed. I let out a whine in protest, but other than another chuckle he doesn't stop. "I want to take you somewhere."