[UNEDITED] Chapter 35: It's Funny

THIS IS AN UNEDITED CHAPTER (OLD VERSION)

Always remember,

that my heart holds you when my arms cannot.

James

"You've got to get that checked."

I don't respond, glaring at one of the desks in the empty classroom.

"Seriously James, you almost punched a hole through that wall- your knuckles are bound to get bruised."

I still don't respond.

Tyler sighs from beside me.

"Are you sure this isn't a little too extreme?" he tries again.

I continue glaring at the desk.

"James," Tyler says, slightly pushing his laptop away. "I get that you're mad- you have every right to be- but just for a second, think about it rationally."

"No."

"This might ruin her life," he says, making my glare intensify.

"The only thing it will ruin," I say through clenched teeth. "is her oh-so-precious reputation that I couldn't give a fuck about, even if I tried. If it ruins her life, she deserves it."

"Just because she doesn't like Annabeth?"

"Just because? Just because?" I nearly growl, turning my scorching glare to him. "Don't you dare undermine it like it isn't anything- as if she hasn't been hurting Annabeth all this time. If you think I'm going to let the bitch get away with it, you're fucking delusional."

Tyler didn't seem deterred by the fact that I was glaring fiercely at him. He simply held my gaze for a few more seconds before he gestured to the screen of his laptop and tossed me his phone.

"Look," he says slowly, "I didn't mean it like that- I should have phrased my sentence better, and I'm sorry for that. But what we're doing right now- is because of what she did to Anna specifically, isn't it? My question- is whether the right thing to do, is try handling it ourselves- or report it directly."

"We're only gathering more evidence Tyler," I snap harshly, "if her hurting Annabeth isn't enough of an excuse for you- think of it that way."

"You know I didn't mean it like that James," he stresses- his eyebrows furrowing, "I'm really upset that she hurt Annabeth too. Really. I'm just not sure if we should handle it ourselves."

I don't respond, as I clench my jaw. I knew he was only being rational here, but I was too angry to think straight.

 "You know that I already have everything you need, anyway," he says when I stay quiet, nodding towards the phone that is now in my hand.  "I'm just not sure if this is what you needed to do."