[UNEDITED] Chapter 33: Which one?

THIS IS AN UNEDITED CHAPTER (OLD VERSION)

He lulls me to sleep, and kisses my eyes,

Don't tell anybody that the big bad wolf is a puppy in disguise.

J A M E S

"OH MY FRICKING GOD-"

"ASDFKSJ-"

"PAY THE FUCK UP BITCHES, I TOLD Y'ALL THEY'D HOOK UP IN A WEEK-"

"THIS SHIP IS SAILING BEAUTIFULLY-"

"IT'S CALLED A CANON NOW, YOU UNCULTURED SWINE-"

"Um," said a timid voice from beside me. "There's-There's something in your hair. Would you-um like me to get it out for you?"

I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes, as my lips tilted upwards once more.

Annabeth thought she was being sneaky, slowly inching towards me as soon as the incessant shrieking began- but I noticed.

I noticed the three times she discreetly hesitated to reach towards my hand, I noticed the way her face continued to turn a deeper shade of red with every word they said, and I noticed how she was trying not to fidget though her fingers were instinctively fiddling with each other.

I didn't tell her that.

"Sure," I chose to say instead, leaning downwards so she could reach my hair, as I tried to keep the amusement out of my expression.

Apparently, I hadn't concealed it as well as I thought I had.

"You're laughing at me," she complained, as she pulled a leaf out of my hair.

"I would never. Whatever, gave you that idea."

She frowned at me, but it looked like an angry pout more than anything. "See?" she pointed accusingly at my face. "That was sarcastic."

"You don't say."

"You're enjoying this very much, aren't you?"

I glanced back at the screaming idiots for a second before stepping closer to her and leaning even closer to her. "Oh no- they are destroying my eardrums. What I am enjoying, is watching your reaction to all of it."

She hmphed, turning away from me, with her nose in the air.

"Aww don't be mad, Evans," I teased, resting my chin on her shoulder, as my hands came to rest on her hips. "I think it's extremely endearing to see you get flustered."

"Stop it," she whined.

"And you're hiding the marks on your neck too, huh?" I said, gently tugging at the scarf that was now wrapped around her neck.