[UNEDITED] Chapter 37: Figure out

THIS IS AN UNEDITED CHAPTER (OLD VERSION)

Kissing the person you deeply, truly want. Man, what a drug. There's nothing else quite like it. Fireworks flash on the backs of your eyelids and the drums bang! bang! in your chest. You feel your whole body fall into it, heaving and holy, your soul crying out in glorious triumph.

 You feel your whole body fall into it, heaving and holy, your soul crying out in glorious triumph

James

"IT'S FUN TO SING AT THE YYYYYYYY-M-C-A- hic- IT'S-"

"I'm pretty sure those aren't the lyrics," a small voice murmurs next to me, but I pay no attention to it because I pause noticing the door in front of me for the first time.

...when did that get there?

"Has that-hic- that door always been there?" I wonder aloud. I stare at is suspiciously for a few seconds.

Is it...

Is it spying on me?

I narrow my eyes at it even more. Maybe it's a ninja door. Maybe that's how it got there without me seeing it. I hold two fingers in front of my eyes and then point it at the door- I got my eyes on you now, little bitch-

But then I notice, that attached to the door is a wall- and attached to the wall is a whole house!

I gasp. "A mouse?"

"Where?" the voice next to me sounds a little startled for a second, before it corrects me, "oh, you meant house."

Normally, no stupid fool would dare correct me, but this stupid fool has a nice voice. So nice, that it might not be a stupid fool.

"Listen here-" I try to say sternly, as I try to face the not-stupid-fool that I'm leaning on next to me, squinting in the dark as the person fumbles with some keys.

...but the more I stare at the person, the more I recognize her features. My eyes widen.

I gasp again. "Evans?"

She turns to me with an unimpressed look. Couldn't tell you why though because I'm one cool motherfucker.

That's right, Jack Frost had nothing on this cool motherfucker.

"Did you forget that I've been with you ever since we left?" she says, as she finally stops fumbling with the bunch in her hands.

"Forget?" I hold my hand to my chest, offended, as she makes me lean against the door as the sound of keys jingling fills the air. "Men are men, the best sometimes forget an-oomph-"

The door clicks open, and I go tumbling down as I lean backward with it.

"Cheesesticks," a small soft voice mutters from above me as I groan.