Chapter 31: Shakespeare Again

And then my soul saw you and it kind of went,
"Oh there you are.

I've been looking for you."

TW: slight violence

TW: slight violence

J A M E S 

Apparently, a lot of people simply didn't know how to mind their own fucking business.

The said people also seemed to have the ability to make your irritation levels rise from a zero to a hundred real quick- simply because their mere presence is enough to make you want to give them a high five.

In the face.

With a fist. Or even a brick.

Maybe both.

Definitely both.

It was a new, relatively calm day, and things were going well because Annabeth had smiled at me a total of seven times already, and because she had given me the happiest little hug when she saw me in the morning- but of course, 

A fucking nuisance had to show up to ruin it. 

"So Jackson, we meet again."

I'm going to kill him.

I let the sound of my locker clicking shut echo through the empty corridor, before I turn and grab his collar, slamming him against the lockers. He hisses, wincing as I press my fists against his throat harder.

"Ryan," I say, my voice deceptively low, "What have you come to threaten me with this time, hmm?"

"My name is Ralph," he chokes, trying to get out of my hold. "You fu- "

"I don't give a single fuck about what your name is," I sneer, tightening my hold on him. "The only thing that I do give a fuck about is the missed opportunity to pummel your sorry ass. This seems like the perfect opportunity, no?"

"Dean," he hisses, "Raj- why the fuck are you just standing there? Get him off-"

I feel two pairs of hands on my shoulders, before I see them. It makes me pause, just enough to look over my shoulder and set my eyes on them.

"Five seconds," I tell them, slowly, "Take your hands off, or you'll pick up your own teeth with broken fingers."

They hesitate. 

"Okay," I nod to myself, and my hold on the stupid shit loosens, "Five. Four. Thr-"

Blondie uses that time to take advantage of my loosened hold, and shoves me off. His two dumbass friends also let go in that time, but they still look more hesitant than ever.

"This is between me and you," I tell him as he narrows his eyes at me, clutching at his throat, "Tell your lapdogs to scram."

"I'm not-"