Marriage♡

Author's POV :

The marriage hall is filled with the relatives and the children are running here and there. Aadharshini and Dhruv are playing with each other. The ' Nalangu ' is going to start .

(Nalangu is the ritual of cleansing and purification,  The bride and the groom are made to sit in mats and tree trays are kept near them containing turmeric paste, kumkum, scented oils and a mixture of lime and turmeric in water (Aarti). The ladies come one by one, keep the kumkum on the foreheads of the couple and apply turmeric paste on their feet, legs, hands and cheeks. After everyone is done, the older ladies in the family show the Aarti around the couple.)

First Shivani s uncle started from her side and Arjun s uncle started from his side. They started keeping kumkum and applied turmeric paste to them. Though Arjun smiled Shivani understood he is tired.

" Are you tired?" She whispered near his eyes. He just nodded his head.

After the nalangu got over, they had dinner and guests went to their respective houses. Only their families are staying in the wedding hall. Arjun slept as he is very tired. Shivani is also feeling tired so she took bath and slept.

Next morning Mugen tried to wake Arjun. But he said he is feeling sleepy.

" For god sake it's your marriage..Wake up " Mugen said and Arjun woke and sat on the bed. But still he is in half sleep. After sometime he went to bath and Mugen arranged the bed and came out. Here Shivani is also in half sleep Haasini is asking her to take bath. She whined like a child and went in. Dharani who just came after getting ready asked Haasini to get ready and she will look after it.

Arjun's mom is talking with the priest and he asked some Pooja things. At that time Ramya came there " Athai..You take rest for sometime. I will take that " She said and his mom look her at her confused.

" It's okay Ramya ..I will take" She said to Ramya .

" Athai..." Before she could complete Dharani came there.

" Ramya I need that beautician s number" She said.

" You call that beautician Ramya ..I will go and take that " Her MIL said and went.

Ramya called that beautician and she said she will be there in few minutes. Chezhiyan and Aadhitya are talking about the food with the caterer.

The beautician came and started doing make up to Shivani..All are busy with their work . Guests started coming and at an auspicious time Arjun is asked to sit in front of the holy fire.

He repeated the mantras said by the priest and the priest said to call Shivani . Haasini and Dharani went to call Shivani . Shivani came lowering her head and sat near Arjun. He is lost in her . His intense gaze made her cheeks red. They exchanged garlands.

Chezhiyan is his cousin so he sat near Arjun in the wedding ( thunai maapilai) . Shivani s sister in law ( her cousin brothers wife) sat near her .

Shivani s eyes are burning due to the fire. She look at Arjun who is sitting normally.

" Aren't your eyes burning?" She whispered.

" Little" he said and concerntrated on the priest's words. Then Haasini took the plate that contained the yellow rice grains and the nuptial chain and took blessings from the guests and they took yellow grains in their hands to bless the couple. Haasini gave that to the priest . At that time only Chezhiyan saw Haasini clearly. She is looking beautiful. She seemed different for him. She saw Chezhiyan and smiled. Chezhiyan smiled back.