Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Trent and I woke up early just to prepare some stuff we'll bring to the cemetery. We wouldn't be building tents there as it will be a quick visit I think. Hindi ko pa sure on how they have done this kind of occasion but I believe this will be more special for them.

"When did your parents meet?" I asked while sitting on the couch and I rested my back on him while his arm was around me. I played with his fingers too. His hands were too soft for a strong and dominant person he is.

"Subtract my age," ngisi pa nito.

I glared at him and smack his hand softly. "Ano nga? Parang tanga naman. Ang seryo-seyoso nang pagtatanong ko e. Kala mo funny?"

He then raised his brow for my sudden weird reaction. "Baka Lav."

I laughed, breaking it. "I am serious though."

"Fine," he sighed at saka umayos kami pero nanatili pa rin naman akong nakasandal sa kanya. "My mom was a domestic helper back to my father's family. That was in 1990, six years before I was born. I think mom was just 21 back then we she had to go abroad just for the sake of keeping her family in the Philippines kept fed. My father and my grandfather had already established their business at that moment but still a lot of work was needed to do. Papa was just 25 at that time. I don't know how it happened and late 1995 when they found out mom was pregnant from my father. It was then they got married and eventually I was born in August."

"May pinagmanahan nga naman pala..." hagikgik ko pa. He just laughed that he realized it was the same thing happened to us and to his parents. "Anyway, what did your father's father said after that? Tinanggap?"

He smirked. "Like they have a choice to stop my mom giving birth when they found out that she's going to give birth to a boy. But I believe at first, they didn't want it to happen and send mom back to the Philippines and keep the child on her own, but one thing I remembered what mom said, papa didn't left her side and shouldered every pain and suffer from their situations. If I was alive back then, I would be jealous of their relationship."

"So what is it like?"

"Like what?" he looked at me, waiting for my next word.

"What's your reaction when you found out later on that your mom was working for your family?"

"Growing up. I didn't care about everything until I needed to be the boss of my father's legacy. It didn't bother me that my mom was a domestic helper and my dad would become rich. They didn't expect that will happen because, along the way, they enrich each other with happiness and love. It sounds corny but that's the reason for it. Were you thinking about something else?"

Napakagat naman ako sa ibabang labi ko at umiling pero tumawa ng mahina si Trent. Bahagya ko namang sinapok ang noo niya kasi nakukuha niya pa akong tawanan.

"I know what you're thinking," he laughed.

I squinted my eyes. "Do you think so?"

He nodded and patted my head. "I know you're worried about what will our children would say if they found out that the reason we met was you work for me. A nanny to a big child. Don't worry, kids at school don't talk about their parent's love story. Was our a love story? Maybe we'll get there, but there should be no problem with that, love. You'll be fine."

It was comforting as it is to hear those words from him and that's enough to wash my anxiety away.

Maybe he's right. I don't need to think about those things kasi after all, may iba pang purpose ang pagpunta ko sa Japan at hindi lang iyon ang mag-trabaho para sa kanya. It may have similarity to what happened to his mother but ours were a different situation.