Chapter 19

Chapter 19

At night, Trent and I left the hospital so we would be able to get a comfortable rest after our sudden departure to Kobe. Pansin ko naman kay Trent na hindi na siya balisa at kahit papaano ay nabawasan na ang bigat sa pakiramdam niya. He's smiling now and I can see that he only needed to see his mother safe and sound and that already made him feel better.

Hindi naman malayo ang bahay nila sa hospital. I think it was only a five to ten minute drive away. Trent was the one who brought our bags inside their home. I didn't expect it would be luxurious from what I only imagined in my head. Hindi ko naman inusisa kung magkano ang bahay na 'to but it screams I think more than a million dahil sa exterior pa lamang nito at tatakutin ka nang makabasag sa loob ng bahay.

And as we head inside, it was cozy, spacious, and very minimalist. Maliwanag naman ang buong paligid dahil sa mga ilaw. Pagkapasok pa lang namin ay bumungad sa amin ang living area. There's a hundred I think more plus inches of flat-screen television placed on the wall, just over the fireplace. If I'm going to roam my eyes around, there should be the hallway leading to the kitchen and dining area. And to the right corner were the stairs leading to the second-floor where Trent and I went.

"We'll be sleeping together to this room," Trent said as he pushed the door inside.

"Magkasama tayo?" taka kong tanong. "Sa isang kama?"

He glanced at me and nodded "Yes. Why not? Don't you want to sleep with me? We already kinda did that, right?"

Napangiwi na lang din naman ako sa kanya. "Yeah, we kinda did."

"Do you think you'll be fine here?" he asked, creasing his forehead.

I nodded and bit my lower lip. "I think I will. I mean, this wasn't a problem for me. At kahit saan naman pwede akong matulog. I can take the couch if you want.

"No, you're going to sleep beside me," he demanded. "And that's an order."

"I see," I chuckled. "Okay, sir, hindi na ako papalag."

Tumungo naman ako sa kama at umupo. I slowly lay on my back and took a deep breath. Umupo naman sa tabi ko si Trent at dinungaw ang mukha ko. Sa pagkakataong ito, hindi ko ramdam na isa akong employee niya dahil sa trato niya sa akin. Pakiradam ko minsan, hindi na lang basta-basta nanny ang trabaho ko. I feel like I'm his jowa. At kapag iniisip ko 'yong mga gano'n bagay, I couldn't help but to think now what his mother said to me earlier.

That's mystery and I need to find that out.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked, looking at up his.

He then meet my eyes and he smiled. "I'm better now."

"I told you so, she'll be fine."

"Well, it's hard to get your hopes up when it's your parents life on the line but I was really hoping she won't let go. I just hated the fact that she's doing all the work when I told her she can hire someone to do that for her. But she reasoned a lot of things which in the end, I was the one who gave up. But she's happy, and that's what matters to me now."

"I believe so," I muttered. Nang i-angat naman ni Trent ang kanyang braso ay napansin ko ang pasa sa may braso niya. Natatakpan iyon ng manggas ng shirt niya kaya ngayon ko lang napansin. Napaupo ako mula sa pagkakahiga at iniangat ko ang shirt at may pasa nga siya ro'n. "Bakit ka may pasa? San mo 'to nakuha?"

Pero hinawi niya ang kamay ko at binaba niya ang manggas ng kanyang shirt. Napangisi naman ito at iniwas ang tingin sa akin. I cupped my hands on his face at inihilig ko sa direksyon.