Chapter 18

Chapter 18

When we got back home, he ordered me to pack up some clothes and I immediately do what I was told to do. He booked the latest flight to Kobe so we could be there as soon as possible. I still have no clue what's the hurry pero mukhang emergency ang itinawag ni Tonton.

Trent mentioned he wouldn't be able to go back home to Kobe because of his busy schedule to work but now, he called to his office and dropped all of his schedule for the rest of the week. Maybe it was really an emergency that's why he didn't hesitate to do a decision for a quick second.

We booked a car heading to the airport. Trent said we could go on road to Kobe but that will take us over six hours just to get there, but if we'll fly there, it will only took us an hour and a few minutes. Hindi rin naman nagtagal nang marating na rin namin ang airport. We presented our ticket and our identification to get passed from the check-in. A moment later, we waited for the announcement for the passengers boarding.

Habang naghihintay kaming dalawa ni Trent sa waiting area ay hindi ko naman naiwasang hawakan ang kamay. Paraan para mapalubag ang nararamdaman niya. He then clutched his hand with mine. It feels like it was nothing kaya mga ilang minuto rin kaming nasa gano'ng posisyon hangga't sa naglakas loob na akong magtanong.

I rubbed my hand on his arm. "Hey... I hope you don't mind me to ask about it, but what happened?"

He heaved out a deep sighed. He washed out his face with his hand at pumadausdos siya sa ng kaunti sa kinauupuan niya. "There's an emergency back in Kobe."

I was right.

"And what kind of emergency?"

"My mom," he told. "Tonton said my mom just passed out. I was afraid she suffered a heart attack but Tonton said that it was a different case. When he called, she's still in the emergency room so I have no idea now what's her condition."

"I hope she'll be fine," aniko. "I know she will be."

He exhaled, big time. "I just don't want to lose another parent again."

"You won't lose your mom," I said to him. Telling him an assurance coming from the person who had never been with family was unbelievable. But it's kind of comforting for me to say that. Hindi naman magical ang mga salita ko but I know that helps him a little. Kahit papaano. "You'll see her when we get there."

He then took a deep breath. He tapped the back of my hand and a little smile from his face shown. "Thanks, Lav..."

And I guess, that's the only thing I need to hear from him.

Hindi rin katagalan ay tinawag na ang mag pasahero to board to go to Kobe's. I only carried a bag that's enough to have my clothes for a week. Gano'n din naman ang dinala ni Trent. I know we can't stay there for too long but because of this abrupt situation and an emergency that we need to attend, we'll stay there as long as Trent feels everything is good.

As we headed to our seats, at kahit nakaupo na kami ay pansin kong hindi mapanatag si Trent kaya naman muli kong hinawakan ang kamay niya. He's shaking, and today I'm seeing another Trent. His emotional side brings me closer to him. Ayoko mang isipin na dahil mag-isa siya ay kaya na niya ang buhay, hindi pa rin pala. He's alone and he misses his family back home and now that everything is on jeopardy, his priorities instantly changed when it comes to family.

I just hope na kaya kong sabihin 'yan sa sitwasyon ko. That I was a part of something important to my family. Though they never see me as one—completely, ayos lang naman sa akin, Tanggap ko naman. Matagal na.

All throughout the flight, nakatingin lamang si Trent sa binata na parang gustong liparin na lang ang kalangitan para makarating kaagad kami sa Kobe. Naaawa man ako sa sitwasyon niya, wala naman akong ibang magagawa para mapagaan ang damdamin niya. Hindi na naman ako gumawa ng ibang bagay na baka makasama pa sa kanya kaya hinayaan ko na lamang na makalapag kami sa Kobe.