Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Kanina pa ako lunok ng lunok ng laway at hindi mapakali kung saan kami pupunta ngayon. Would we be going the love motel at mangyayari na ang bagay na hindi dapat mangyari? And I'm crazy for thinking about that. I shouldn't be thinking about that stuff in the first place. Wala lang talaga akong ideya kung saan kami pupunta ngayon.

Sasa would be partying right now but on the other hand, hindi naman maalis sa dibdib ko ang pangamba na nasa paligid lang si Fredrick and he'll definitely bust me out to my family.

And maybe I'm still on the safe side because my brothers aren't still messaging me anything about it. They have their own life to get busy for kaya ang pagtuunan nang pansin ang mga activities ko wouldn't be necessary for them.

In short, looking after me would be a waste of their time.

"Saan ba tayo pupunta Trent?"

"Somewhere you might never been into," sagot nito sa akin.

"And where that could be?"

He didn't answer the question instead put his attention on driving the car. Napakapit na lamang ako sa strap ng seatbelt ko at inihaging ang ulo ko sa gilid ng bitana at tinanaw ang mga iba't ibang kulay ng LED lights from every establishments na nalalagpasan namin. I keep telling to myself na ma-e-experience ko rin anytime soon ang bawat lugar dito sa Tokyo at kahit sa buong Japan. But if my job permits to do that, I can do that in six months—or so.

"What happened there, Lav?"

"Where?" maang-maangan kong sagot sa kanya.

"You know what I'm talking about," he said. Nang silipin ko ang mukha niya ay seryoso ang ekspresyon nito at inunahan ko nang ilayo ang tingin ko bago pa man niyaa ko mahuli. Binaling ko na lamang sa harap ang paningin ko. "Have you had your dinner?"

"I have not," I answered honestly.

"And what did you guys do?"

"Okay, I won't lie to you and I'm gonna tell you the truth but please, don't get mad at me, alright?" I requested but he didn't make any answer so I repeated. "I don't wanna make you say promise but—"

"I won't, so go," he commanded, nodding his head.

I swallowed before I could speak. "Sasa and I will be going a club. Well, we both planned it after being inside the unit for a week and thought I deserved that as well. But we also thought that it won't be a good idea if you will find it out so we spare our time by thinking we could go eat somewhere and that didn't happen. I lost her when we're crossing the street and then before I called you earlier, a guy was there taking pictures of me. But good thing, Sasa was there to make the local delete the photo so I guess everything we'll be fine."

"And do you think that's fine with me?" he questioned.

"Sabi ko nga hindi..." bulong ko pa.

"I let you leave the unit tonight because I thought you'll be safe with your friend... but I guess, the outcome was different."

"Well, there's also something that—you know what, it doesn't matter. As long as I'm okay, I think that'll be fine. Don't you worry about me. Kaya ko naman ang sarili ko. And you paid me, of course. It's my job to look after you."

"You just don't work for me," he smirked.

"Teka, is Sasa right?"

Kumunot naman ang noo niya. "What does she said? Is she talking behind my back?"

"No! Hindi 'yon do'n. She's not talking behind your back o kung ano mang masamang iniisip mo na gagawin niya. I think she's far from being capable of harming us—"