Chapter 24 Boob Punch

The days past fast when Luke didn't come around, it felt like I was all alone. It didn't help that it wasn't easy living with my step mom and her kids; I was the odd ball, I didn't fit in. I tried though, taking one day at a time. The more I tried the more I missed my father. Everything reminded me of him so I would just become depressed.
One day I got a random text message from Nathan. Now he hasn't texted me in a while and every time I'd try to text him he would send me a one word answer or some bullshit so I gave up. I was mad and, in my opinion, I had the right to be. I thought we were best friends! I thought that he would keep talking to me.
I opened his text and the only word that he said was hey. I was confused. Now he wanted to talk to me? Now I was good enough? Finally I gave in.
ME: Hey.
I sent back. Then he sent me a reply.
Him: having a party for Seth and how he is leaving.
I'm confused. Was he asking for me to come or trying to get me to pay for something? Urrg.
Me: ok...?.
I waited for like three minutes and got the reply.
Him: what kind of snacks should I get?
I starred at the phone not knowing what to say. Finally I sent a message back to him.
ME: Is this an invite or asking me for advice?
Him: Both. It's at my mom's house. I wanted to make a Facebook event but um I forgot how.
Me: so we are talking again?
Him: What do you mean?
Me: Nathan, it's been like a month or two since we last talked I thought you were just pissed at me so we weren't talking anymore.
Him: No my girlfriend didn't like me talking to you.
Me: Oh, that would've been nice to know.
Him: Sorry, I didn't want you to get angry. Will you come?
Me: It's fine.
What was I supposed to say? It's not fine? You don't understand how Nathan is when he gets in a relationship it's all hardcore lovey-dovey-id-do-anything-for-you kind of love.
Me: When is it?
Him: This Saturday.
Me: Yeah I'll come.
Him: Awesome. So what snacks?
Me: IDK Deserts and such. Chips is probably good. Do you need me to bring something?
Him: Sure drinks?
Me: ya I guess.
I know what you're thinking: so first you were mad at him and now you're fine? That doesn't make sense. You don't understand how Nathan and I are. I can't stay mad at him no matter how hard I try and vice versa.
Him: kkk
I didn't even bother sending a message back because he wouldn't have an actual question.
**********************************************************************************************************
I invited Luke to the party because I wanted him there; I needed him there. So on Saturday Luke and I set off from my house earlier than the party actually started because me and Rose wanted to meet up and catch up before school started back up. Luke drove us to the park because Nathan changed the location of the party in the middle of the week.

We arrived at the party and Luke grabbed the cooler out of the back of the truck and brought it to the shelter. Rose met Luke and I at the park. She brought her new boyfriend who was Luke's friend, Eric, along. Luke took Eric somewhere I have no idea where and honestly I didn't care I wanted to talk to Rose. So Rose and I vented about everything but not as much as I wanted to because before we could talk more Nathan, his new girlfriend, Seth, a ten year old boy the Nathan hung out with, Skit (I didn't know they were friends but somehow Nathan knew him), another one of Nathans old friends, and Zach showed up.
I texted Luke telling him to come back because all the other people got here. Then I texted Grace and told her to come now because people were showing up. She showed up a little later and immediately started blushing when she saw Skit because they have been talking lately but they aren't together. Not to long after Sapphire showed up.
The party started off weird and grouped. We all were sitting underneath this green painted shelter. the shelter had four old picnic tables that had the old green paint peeling off of it, under it. Luke, Rose, Eric, Sapphire, and Grace were all sitting on top of the actual table part and not the bench just talking. Luke and I agreed not to do much touching at the party because we didn't want to be "that couple" so instead we just sat next to each other but we didn't so much as hold hands.
On the other table that wasn't even facing towards us but everyone else was sitting on that table. Finally, I had enough so I walked off to the jungle gym. I wasn't going to sit around and wait for people to split so I began it. Luke sat where he was confused on what I was doing but soon Seth followed then Sapphire, and soon everyone was up on the jungle gym. It was cool and then I started asking random questions, inappropriate questions.
Soon we all got sick of sitting at the park so we decided to walk around town. We walked in twos; Luke and Eric, Nathan and his girlfriend, Rose and grace, Zach and another boy, Sapphire and I were in the front. Everyone else just kind of walked on the side or Around us as third wheels. Seth came up next to me when I was talking to Sapphire. Note: I had a slight crush on Seth before Luke and I became a thing. Seth came up to me and tried to slide his hand into mine. I brought my arm away from my side quickly, reacting rather fast. "What are you doing?" I whispered yelled trying to avoid Luke hearing me.
"Nothing." He stated like nothing happened.
"Just don't do that." I snapped at him quietly. Sapphire turned towards me.
"May what's going on?" Her eyes were full of pure confusion.
"He tried grabbing my hand." I gave her a shocked but pissed off look. Sapphire gave me a shocked look.
I kept walking and talking to Sapphire about her not-so-little crush on Taylor Caniff. While we were talking Seth came up to me again and tried to hold my hand. I started getting a little upset, well maybe more than a little.
"You need to stop or I'm going to beat you!" I said a little more loudly than I wanted and Luke heard. He made his way up to the front of the group. He put his hands on my shoulders from behind.
"What's going on?" Luke was upset that I was upset. He became protective. I didn't want to lie to him so I just quietly said what was going on.
"Seth tried to grab my hand twice." I said and avoided eye contact. Soon we were all stopped in the middle of a back street and everybody is circled around Luke and Seth and I. Sapphire backed away from me, slowly avoiding this conflict.
"You trying to make a move on my girl? Really?!" Luke said loudly. I didn't really like when guys called their girlfriend their "girl" like we were claimed, but I was more worried about something else.
"I did, I didn't think she would mind." Seth said gesturing to me. With a dumb look on his face, that personally I wanted to slap off his face.
"Well obviously she did mind, she's got a boyfriend!" Luke snapped. Nathan stepped forward.
"Hey you need to back off a little." Nathan said.
"I'm not letting him get off easy for touching my girlfriend!" Luke yelled. Then I heard Sapphires whispers.
"Fight, fight, fight, fight!" They were quiet enough that they didn't bother anyone but loud enough to be heard.
"Look dude, maybe she did want to be around someone who isn't a jockey douche!" My mouth fell open. Luke wasn't that! Plus Since when did Seth give two shits about me!?
Luke began striding forward. "You asshole!" Luke said through his teeth as he raised his fist and contacted it to Seth's face. Soon it was a full down brawl; Luke was on top of Seth for almost a full thirty seconds just continuously punching his face, then Seth was on top of Luke beating on him. Nathan tried to stop it but ended up punching Luke more in the process and I didn't like that so, I decided it was time for me to break it up. I began pulling them apart. I grabbed Nathans shoulder and Luke's and began wedging myself inbetween them until I was punched right in my boob with incredible force. I stopped and so did everyone else fighting.
"What. The. Fuck." was all I said as I looked up from my boob that was still in immense pain.
"I am so sorry!" Nathan spoke with such regret in his voice. Luke's face went completely red, not the cute blushing red, he was pissed. I stood in front of Luke. I slid my right hand around his neck to try to get him to make eye contact with him.
"Baby, baby, baby, look at me, look at me. I'm alright, there's going to be a huge bruise but bonus is you get to help me ice it tomorrow." I smiled trying to lighten the mood but it didn't work. I sighed realizing it was time for Luke and I to leave. "Alright why don't you and Eric go walk and get the truck while I say bye to everyone. I promise I can handle myself." Saying the last part to put a little more confidence in Luke. He nodded slowly and Eric made a head movement to symbolize to Luke to follow him. I push Luke in that direction and he follows.
Once they left I turned to Nathan. His eyes were filled with pure regret. I know for a fact that he would never try to hurt me and he was very sorry that he did, but he also knew that he should of never did anything like that to my boyfriend.
Seth? I didn't know about him and I have no fricken clue what was going through his brain because he knew my boyfriend was there. Seth wouldn't make eye contact with me.
I walked up to Nathan his girlfriend coming closer to him as I came closer to him. "Are you alright?" Nathan asked me not caring about his girlfriend at his side.
"Actually no, I feel like crying and my boob is throbbing but if I tell my boyfriend that he may or may not get in a fight with both of you." I said as I smacked my lips for an extra dramatic effect. Nathan nodded.
"I'm sorry, really I am." I nodded and turned around to start walking in the direction that his truck was coming through but Nathan stopped me quick by grabbing lightly to the corner of my elbow. "No hug?" I turned around and gave him a one armed hug because I wanted my boob to have enough space. "Are you mad?" He asked as his face was next to my ear.
"I don't know. I just need to leave with Luke. He needs me." I said and turned around. I said bye to everyone and me, Rose, and Sapphire left with Luke and Eric. We dropped off everyone and it was just me and Luke. Luke pulled over on a back road and he turned towards me.
"You don't think I'm a jockey douche do you?" I put my hand on his leg as my eyes filled with sympathy. I scooted closer to him.
"Luke, I love you, I don't think you are any kind of douche. And for the record I think it's sexy when you get all protective. "I smirked at him.
"You want to go home?" He asked.
"No, how about I just stay at your place tonight." He smiled at me. I missed him and his warm arms. I'll text my step mom that I stayed at his house for the night, hopefully she won't care.
a/n
hey guys sorry it took longer than expected. i tried to make it longer its a little over four pages in word i hope its a good one. I tried and I had a little help with the ideas. So, I added in a certain person in the book and its just for her. She will know who she is. He is going to show up later in the book.
tell me what you guys think! I would love to hear it.
vote
comment
love ya
jas