XVIII The Party

The day started off sad when I had to say bye to Nathan as he walked up his driveway with all of his belongings. I knew I'd see him again but not in school anymore. Before when we were sitting in the car he kissed my cheek silently trying not to be seen by Paul or Olivia but I saw Olivia look back and a smile creep up on her face. When we reached his house we hugged for long. I whispered in his ear, "Call me, because I dont want you to forget me." Nathan sighed.
"Ill never forget you dont worry, and we got that party in a month. Maybe I can sleep over that night?" I nodded in his shoulder.
I snapped out of my thoughts and waved to him as we pulled away.
******
The ride home was silent. There were almost no words. It felt like I was moving four states away. When I got home I just changed into sweat pants and sat on the couch and watched movies. I heard a knock at the door but I didnt get up knowing that someone else would.
"Hey Luke." I overheard Olivia say as I heard the door open.
"Hey, Olivia. How is your day?" He said politly.
"Good but someone elses isnt." I slightly rolled my eyes and turned back into my movie. I heard Luke sigh and start walking up the steps. I heard him walk through the kitchen but I didnt look away from the television.
He walked over to the couch and sat down on the end. He popped of his shoes and put one of his legs on the couch and pulled me down so that I was now laying in his lap. I sighed as he played with my hair. We watched the movie in slience and Luke played with my hair as i just sat there. Once the movie ended Luke grabbed my hand, kissed the back of it, and intwined his fingers with mine. I let my thoughts wonder.
Is it going to be like this all the time without Nathan? Is my new life gonna suck? Am I gonna get bullied for the next couple of years in school? Are me and Luke gonna get married? So many questions with no answers. Why isnt there a book with random answers in it? I mean they created just about everything else.
"May? Wanna take a drive?" Luke asked me but I really didnt want to. I just wanted to go in my room and sleep. I shook my head.
"Im gonna go to bed." I stood up from the couch but Luke still had a hold of my hand.
"Its six." Luke said with sort of shocked eyes.
"yeah I'm tired though." I said.
"Want me to come up with you?" Luke asked concern filling his eyes. I thought about it. We didnt have to talk. just cuddle. I nodded and let go of his hand. I led the way upstairs. I quickly turned the corner and pulled my covers back as I climbed in.
Luke walked over to the windows on the far side of my room and shut the blinds, blocking out the sun. He crawled in the other side of the bed but stayed halfway sitting up. I curled up to the side kind of awkwardly and closed my eyes. Luke played with my hair as I drifted off to sleep.
****
The next day I woke up at 7 and got up. I continued to take a shower going through my normal routine and I got dressed. My phone rang as I slid on my pants.
"Hello?" I didnt get the chance to look at the caller ID.
"Hey! Whats up?" Nathan said through telephone.
"Just got pants on, you?" I replied.
"I got bored. Thursday so I went to my mom's house yesterday night. Now im bored."
"Sorry?" I questioned.
"Not your fault. So what you doing today?" He asked as I sat on my bed.
"Im not sure to be honest." I fiddled with a string attached to my jeans. Just then I heard beeping on my phone. I pulled it away from my ear to look at it. Shelly? "Nathan I got to go im getting another call."
"Ok bye." He replied and i quickly switched to Shelly.
"Hello?"
"Hey May, its Shelly. I was wondering what you were up to today?"
"Nothing really why whats up?" I asked a little confused.
"Can you watch Christina? Her high voice squeaked.
"Sure can you drop her off? I have to ask Olivia and Paul first but im sure they are fine with it." I said as i started decending down the steps.
"Yes i can drop her off."
"Ok im going to ask right now." I walked to the livingroom. "Hey Olivia and Paul can Christina come over and I watch her for a while? You dont have to, I just want to know if your ok with her coming over."
Olivia nodded. "Sure."
"Shelly she said it was fine. When are you going to drop her off?" I asked.
"About 30 minutes?" She said questionly. I did a slight chuckle
"You are already on your way?"
"Well I was going to take her shopping and well I dont think that is such a good idea."
"Thats fine see you in a bit. Maybe you can even meet my boyfriend." I said.
"Ok see you in a bit. Bye."
"Bye." Then I dialed up Luke.
"What up?" A boy said in the phone who wasnt Luke.
"Yeah hey can I talk to Luke?"
"He's taking a dump." He held back a chuckle.
"Oh awesome, healthy, tell him to call me when he is done."
"I will."
"Bye." I hung up the phone and began to laugh. Lukes not the guy to tell someone that; he is going to be so embarrassed. About five minutes later my phone went off again.
"Hey." I said after i saw it was Luke.
"Hey, what did Riley say to you when you called?"
"You were taking a dump." I said with a smile growing on my face.
"Oh, umm." Luke got rather awkward.
"It's fine. I really don't care, I know we all do it. If you don't remember I'm best friends with a guy that finds it funny to fart on me."
"Yeah I guess." Luke sighed. "So what did you need?"
"Wanna help me babysit my step sister?" I asked as I went back to fiddling with the string on my jeans.
"Sure when?" Luke asked.
"Right about now." I said biting my lip.
"Sure just give me a bit. I'll send Riley home." A smile grew on my face but I dont want to be that girlfriend.
"Well I dont want to take you away from your friends. I dont want to be that girlfriend." I said.
"Its fine. He came over last night when I left your house." I smiled.
"When did you leave anyway?"
"Around 7:30." Luke replied.
"Oh alright. So you coming over in like 20 minutes?"
"Yeah, absolutely. Bye babe."
"Bye." I plopped down on the couch.
"Lukes gonna be here soon." I said to Olivia and Paul. "He is going to help me babysit."
"We were here when you discussed that." Paul said that. I laughed slightly.
"So its ok then?" I asked with a short smile.
"I dont care." Paul answered.
"thanks." Then like a charm a knock was at the door. I walked over to the door, it was more than likely that it was shelly dropping off her kid. I opened the door. Huh, I was right.
"Hey." I said to Shelly. A little unused to seeing her face anymore. She gave me a quick hug.
"Hi." I saw Christina at her side.
"Hi May." She said in her cute voice. I smiled as I bent over and picked her up and gave her a hug. She laughed as I squeezed her.
"How are you sweety?" I said as I set her back down and crouched down to her level.
"Good." She said.
"Ready to have some fun?" I asked her with a over excited face.
"Yeah!" She exclaimed. I led them into the livingroom. I zoned out while Shelly and Olivia started talking. I pulled my cami up because i was wearing this low cut dark blue shirt with some of my favorite dark blue marices jeans. I wiped off the imaginary dust and dirt off my butt. I thought about Nathan; its really gonna suck this year without him and sapphire by my side in school. I dont know if i can do this whole new school thing, it makes me nervous. Speaking of Sapphire i need to call her, we need to hang out. I feel bad because i kind of forgot about her with all the drama thats been going on. I miss her. I really miss her. Imagine what the next school year is going to be like, plus the bullies. I can't go through that aga- knock knock knock. that must be Luke. I walked over to the door and Lukes smiling face came into my view. Before I could say anything i was engolfed in his warm embrace.
"Hey hows it going?" I asked kind of awkwardly.
"No, hows it going with you? I just wanted to make sure you were better i mean you were barely talking to me."
"Im fine. come on,come meet my step mom." I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the livingroom. "Shelly this is Luke, Luke this is Shelly." They shook hands and Christina walked up to me.
"May is Luke your boyfriend?" I smiled remember how she would ask me back when i was living with her if I had a boyfriend.
"Yes he is, so you have to be nice to him ok?" I asked her as i crouched down to her level.
"I guess." She said and Luke kneeled on the floor.
"Hey Christina, Im Luke." I stood up and watched.
"Hi." she said quetly. I smiled as Luke stood up. He turned to me. I just shrugged.
****
The rest of the day was sort of sweet to see Luke so good with Christina; she just fell in love with him. We went for pizza for lunch and spent most of the day at the park. At about 5 Shelly came back. Christina was a fight to get to release Luke but we managed. After that Luke took me out for a rather fancy dinner in my opinion. He held my hand a lot, which made me quite nervous. Luke started to get a scruffy face i noticed too, and I find that fairly attractive so I just wanted to kiss him more. We pulled into my driveway.