Chapter 38 After Party

The dance floor was already crowded by the time we got there. Luke and I didn't mind; we were already in our own little worlds with each others arms wrapped around one another. I had my head placed on his shoulder and we just swayed not worrying if the song was fast or slow: we just wanted to be next to each other. However, Taylor and Sapphire were having the time of their lives just bouncing around with everyone else. Taylor seemed to be having a lot of fun even though some girls would come up to him every now and again and ask for his picture and such but sapphire was good about making them keep their distance. Luke eventually took me to a table and instructed me to sit while he went to get drinks. I happily did as I was told and watched my friends enjoy themselves. I was happy that they were able to have a fun night just as I was.

"Hey, do you want to take a short walk outside?" Luke whispered in my ear when he came back. I nodded because I knew I was sweating like crazy. He lead the way out and I followed shortly behind them. I took a cup out of his hand and grand the crook of his arm as he lead the way out.

The night wasn't pitch black like it normally was at ten o'clock. It had a glow from the full moon. I loved the sight of the moon and the stars glowing up the whole night sky. Luke noticed my gaze upon the stars and I could feel the smile on his face. He set down his glass on a cement edge that was just outside the school doors and hugged me from behind. "Doesn't this remind you of our first date?" He asked as his head rested on my shoulder. I nodded.

"Except I'm really warm right now." I laughed. Luke laughed and released me.

"Believe me, I'm warmer than you are right now." Luke chuckled as he took off his jacket and slung it over the ledge next to our drinks.

"I'm sleeping over at your house tonight right?" I asked as I looked at the sky.

"mhm." He hummed as he stood beside me.

I glanced at him and watched his eyes dance with amusement as he watched the sky. I loved how we both could be completely amused with the same thing. We loved watching the sky and the water at night. It was amazing.

"May, you're starring." He said as he smirked at me. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and starred into his eyes.

"Just looking at the most amazing guy in my life." I smiled at him as he leaned in for a kiss. "you know we are a very cute couple?" I asked him.

"Well I knew you were cute but me?" He said and I lightly slapped his chest.

"You are far more cuter than I am." I firmly stated as I released my grip on him and walked toward the doors. "We should get back to our friends." I suggested as I opened the door and held it for him. He quickly grabbed our stuff and walked in.

It was about ten thirty when we got back in the gym which meant there was about an hour and a half left of the dance. Except there was a thing called post prom that last until four in the morning but I didn't want to go to it so me and Luke were just gonna go back to his place after prom.

I rushed over to one of my friends who was sitting down with her date. "Hey how are you?" I said as I sat down and Luke wasn't too far behind with our drinks and his coat.

"I'm good." Grace said as she glanced back at skit. Skit gave her a smile of reassurance. "We were just about to get going. We wanted to go bowling. Did you guys want to come?" I looked at Luke to see his opinion on the subject.

"Why don't we just go back to my house and play in the game room?" Luke asked and I nodded.

"That sounds a lot cheaper then going to an actual bowling alley."

"Yeah that sounds good." Grace nodded and stood up. Skit followed quickly behind. We walked as a group towards our other friends and asked if they wanted to come along and eventually we ended up with 8 people including Luke and I. Luke called Jocelyn and Leo and asked if they wanted to come over too.