Chapter 23 Purple Polka dots?

"What was that all about?" Luke set down the box in my doorway. 

"What?" I said slightly knowing what he was talking about.

"You pulled me away from your brother, I could handle it." I smiled  thinking it was sweet that he wanted to handle the thing I call my brother. You see my brother has two moods; protective and asshole. I set my box down next to Luke's. 

"I know. I just didnt want to deal with that right now ok?" I said and continued to walk into my room. 

"Its green with pink and purple polka dots?" Luke gave me an amused look. 

"It was seventh grade, i wanted to paint my room." I said defensively. 

"Ok, lets go get more boxes." Luke said as he walked out of my room and back up the steps. I followed up the tan carpetted steps.

We kept unloading Lukes truck until it was empty and we were completely wiped. Me and Luke flopped on my bed: Me laying on top of his chest listening carefully to his heart beat. I noticed that a heart was one of the most precious things in the world; the sound of his heart beating relaxed me it let me close my eyes with ease. 

"thank you for helping me." I said rubbing my face against his chest and open my eyes to have my eyes meet his. I brought my lips to his and gave him a peck on the lips. I flipped over to look at the time. Shit its already 8:00pm. Luke needs to get back. "No matter how much I hate to say this I have to, Luke its time for you to get going." I said as I looked at him. He gave me these sad eyes. I started to get up, "Come on I'll walk you out." I said as I grabbed his hand and lead him up the stairs. Luke said bye to Shelly and walked with me outside. I climbed in the other side of the truck like I was leaving with him but I we all knew I wasn't.

"What are-?" Luke started saying as he got in the truck but I interupted him by crashing my lips into his. He scooted closer towards me. The lights from the door opening were still on. 

"Turn off the lights I dont want to be caught." I said after I pulled away and looked into his eyes. Luke quickly reached around the side of the sterring wheel and switched the lights to off. I smiled and continued to kiss his lips after I straddled his legs inbetween mine. Passion flowed through my body, making my stomach fill up with butterflies. I could feel the sparks flying through my lips to his. Luke broke the kiss moving his lips down my neck, sucking a little on the soft spot on my neck. A moan seeped through my lips. Luke slowly moved his way back up to my lips, kissing along my jaw line. Soon i broke our kiss, then gave him one last peck. I swung my leg over his leg. then sat back down in my seat normally. 

Me and Luke were both breathing heavily. I turned towards him and he grabbed my hand. "Ill see you soon?" I asked unsure of what he was going to say.

"I'll be here tomorrow." He winked. I smiled and gave him one last peck before opening my door. "Love you!" he called after me. 

"Love you too." I said as I closed my door and headed inside. I turned around just before the door and waved to Luke, who then, started to back out of the driveway. 

I watched him back out, sort of wishing he'd stay so we could cuddle all night, JUST CUDDLE. He didnt. As much as I willed the Black truck to stop and turn around, it didnt. I know he was coming back tomorrow but its going to be so different not having him across the street from me. I can't call him over at 1 in the morning so he will come snuggle with me, I can't go over to his house early in the morning so we can have breakfast together, I will no longer be the girl next door. 

I stood by the door watching the sky evolve from the dark sunset to the black,dark sky. The stars slowly twinkling into view. I smiled knowing that my dad was watching over me and he was going to take care of me.