v. 1940s .v

This is more of the idea of what it was actually like in the time period at which Tom was alive. In the early 1900s, it was rare for women to work, except for when WW2 started. Even then, only women over the age of 30 commonly worked. So its kind of sexist but thats because the time period was sexist.

•It isn't smut, because I have a zoom meeting in less than 3 hours and I'm not tryna be fUckEd Up•

You woke up in a cold sweat, panting aggressively as you shook the blanket off of you. The dream played in your mind, the dream in which you had to watch your only family die. The closest thing to family you've ever possessed, gone. It was enough for you to slowly gather your pillow and walk to his room.

Only being around 1 AM, he was still out doing illegal actions, likely plotting the demise of muggle born students at Hogwarts. You slipped on one of his comfortable hoodies, and laid on his couch, the leather chilling your body. The dorm was large, because he was a prefect and head boy, he had perks that normal students couldn't comprehend.

Being surrounded by his scent, and the feeling of the cool room was enough to lull you to sleep. Barely registering the sound of the door opening half an hour later. He watched you for a moment as he loosened his tie and took off his shirt. Tracing a warm hand across your cheek, you stirred slightly, tiredly looking into his beautiful hazel eyes. "I'm sorry, I had a nightmare..." your rough voice was attractive to him.

"Its alright, come here into bed. You can always sleep on my bed, darling." He slowly picked you up, pulling your cold body against his warm chest while walking to the bed. It was effortless, and elegant, the way he laid you on the bed was gentle. Pushing your hair out of your face, he slowly got in bed beside you, caging you in his bare arms. "What was the nightmare about?"

"Shouldn't you sleep? You've been awake for 21 hours," you mumbles into his chest, enjoying his presence. The feeling of his fingers playing with your hair was soft. Moments like these are ones you cherished, as did he, but he would never admit it.

"I'm not tired right now, so let me hear about this nightmare that scared my girl," your heart fluttered at his words. The sweet side if him was rare, but on the occasions that it came out you milked it for everything its worth.

"It was actually of you," you felt him go rigid under you, which led to you rushing out the next words. "Nono, not like that. You got hurt, with your schemes and such, you ended up near death after battling the dimwitted fools we call teachers. You were..." your voice caught, and you looked up to his eyes before quickly averting them. "It was bad."

"Darling, im perfectly fine, as I will always be. You should understand better than anyone why that is," you understood exactly what he meant. He turned your body into a horcrux, so that if you were to die, he would die also. "Youre worrying for nothing, we both know the teachers in the school could never defeat me. Go to sleep, we have school in the morning," he mumbled against your head before placing a soft kiss on your forehead.

Easing into his body again, your mind wondered a bit. You were on your 7th year, and statistically relationships started in secondary school dont last. It begged the question, "Tommy," he hummed slightly in response. "What will we be after graduation?"

"What do you mean?" He sounded tired and your heart jumped at the raspiness of his deep voice. "We'll still be together, I'll likely get your parents blessing, and you will bear the heir of the throne I built." Thats the first time he's admitted he wants kids, and it made you choke.

"What? Children? But you hate kids." He chuckled a little at that, and you could see his beautiful smile for a moment.

"Well yes, but if its a mix of us two, then they'll be perfect. Don't you agree?" Your mouth pressed against his jaw while nodding. "Of course, ill get a job and we won't be able to see each other as often, but I don't plan on leaving you, if that's what you're asking. No such luck, darling." He wrapped his arm tighter around your upper back as you nuzzle deeper into the dip of his neck.

"Do you think i might be able to get a job as well? Its becoming more frequent among muggles, and I believe the war brought gender inequality to a stand-still." He placed his chin on top of your head.

"Quite different of you, your parents won't like that at all. But im more than happy to watch you be more independent, as long as you're aware that you're always mine." Your head shot up, weight laying on your hands as you look him in the eyes. The bags under his eyes contrasted with the moonlight hitting his pale skin.

"Really? You would have no problem with it?"

He looked in your eyes and you could see the glint that was always there, the hazel iris' always holding a sarcastical look. He simply brushed a strand of hair behind your ear and said, "well, you'd be working beside other women, and anything that you want to do I support. Unless its something annoying. Or stupid. Plus, I think the entire Riddle family being something to fear is amusing, a more than capable woman working and her husband that could kill a man with 2 words. Don't you agree?"

Your playful side came back and you leaned down to kiss his cheek, "husband aye? Y/n Riddle sounds sweet," he pulled her back into his chest. "My dad loves you by the way, over the summer he said that if I fell in love with someone else he'd marry you himself."

"Hm, I might have to take him up on that," your hand met his chest faster than you can think, and both of you softly laughed. "Goodnight darling, for the last time."

"Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too," his mutter was quiet but it was still enough to get you to curl into him and fall asleep, listening to his hear beat.

Im tired and going to sleep, if its short it's because I haven't slept in 36 hours 😀