𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

I stood on the balcony that was in my office and smoked my cigarette

I don't smoke often most only when I'm stressed and need a little time out and that was the case today.

I had so many things on my mind that I couldn't even sleep. Alaïa was my biggest worry.

When I made her the offer of marriage, I saw how it destroyed her.

I didn't even think about how to say it and just blurted it out. No wonder Valentina always yells at me because I open my mouth before I think.

I took one last drag from the cigarette and let the deadly drag into my lungs before going back to my office.

As I sat in my chair I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep but I did not count on Miss Lorente.

The door opened so fast that it hit the wall. There will certainly be a dent.

Alaïa came in and I immediately noticed that she was crying. Her unique eyes were swollen, her cheeks and nose red. Her hair was completely messed up and it looked like she was trying to pull her hair out.

Before I could say anything she spoke so fast that I didn't catch half of it.

"I will marry you no matter when. You just have to promise me that I will never go back to my old house and that you will protect me".

What happened in the room?

"Hey hey everything will be fine. Tell me what happened" I said a little quietly.

I am not the best at comforting but I tried. She just shook her head and I noticed that she was having a panic attack.

Merda. (Shit)

I tried to calm myself down a little more because it's not the first time I've had to help a person in the middle of a panic attack.

Marco used to have a lot of panic attacks and I was the only one who knew and therefore the only one who could help him.

"Focus on my breathing Alaïa and try to breathe with me" I said and held her hands.

She doesn't flinch as she usually does but probably because she has other stresses.

I breathed deeply in and then exhaled so that Alaïa could concentrate and breathe with me.

After about ten minutes she managed to breathe normally again and calm down a bit.

She released her hands from mine and sat down on the sofa in the room. I sat down next to her and waited until she was ready to talk.