Random Facts About The Brain

Credit to dentinstitute.com healthline.com and askthescienctists.com

1. An adult brain weighs about 3 pounds.

2. About 75% of the brain is made up of water.

3. Your brain uses 20% of the oxygen and blood in your body.

4. The brain can't feel pain. It interprets pain signals sent to it, but it does not feel pain.

5. During the mummification process, Egyptians would usually remove the brains through the nose. (Being the nerd I am, I know the whole process of this.)

6. The of a human contains approximately one hundred billion neurons.

7. The human brain gets smaller as we get older. This usually happens sometime after middle age.

8. Brain information travels up to an impressive 268 miles per hour.

9. Headaches are caused by a chemical reaction; Serotonin is a chemical necessary for communication between nerve cells. When serotonin or estrogen levels change, the result for some is a headache or migraine.

10. Dreams are believed to be a combination of imagination, physiological factors, neurological factors.

11. The visual areas of the brain are in the back of the brain.

12. Reading out loud uses different brain circuits than reading silently.

13. Phantom limb pain syndrome is when the central nervous system, which includes your brain, continues to feel the pain of a limb that has been amputated.

14. Alcohol effects your brain in ways that include blurred vision, slurred speaking, an unsteady walk, and more. These usually disappear once you become sober again. However, if you drink often for long periods of time, there is evidence that alcohol can affect your brain permanently.

15. Your brain isn't the same as anyone else's. Your experiences—including what happens to you and what you learn—wire your brain in a unique way.

16. Your brain gets bored easily. Research has found that every 10 minutes you need something that sparks you emotionally to hit the reset button on your attention.

17.Dredging up memories isn't exactly like pulling a file from a folder. Your brain has to recreate and reimagine that memory. And it's not a perfect copy of the original.

18. Pictures are powerful tools for memory. Studies have shown people retain 65 percent more information when images are involved.

19. Your brain gets sleepy. So, if you crave a nap about 3 p.m., that's normal. It's just your brain trying to rest.

20. You can thank (or blame) your cerebellum for your posture and balance. And your brain stem handles a lot of processes you do without thinking.

These are...interesting to say at the least. Anyway which fact was most odd for you? What should I do next? Please vote. Goodbye now my lovelies 💜 

-DarkMoonsLover