Random Facts about Halloween

It's Halloween on Saturday and one of my friends requested this, so here ya go.

Credit goes to good housekeeping.com 10best.com and factretriver.com

1. Halloween originated from an ancient Celtic festival.

2. According to tradition, if a person wears his or her clothes inside out and then walks backwards on Halloween, he, she, they, will see a witch at midnight.

3. Some Halloween rituals used to involve finding a husband. 

4. This is the first Halloween in nineteen years to have a full moon.

5. Illinois produces up to five more pumpkins than every other state.

6. The fastest pumpkin carving lasted 16.47 seconds.

7. Samhainophobia Is the fear of Halloween.

8. The owl is a popular Halloween image. In Medieval Europe, Owls were thought to be witches, and to hear an owl's call meant someone was about to die (Owls are the most badass things to exist).

9.The famous magician Harry Houdini died on October 31, 1926.

10. A child born on Halloween is said to have the ability to talk to spirits.

11. The movie Halloween was originally titled Babysitter Murders.

12. The average bag of candy that one child will collect on Halloween contains about 11,000 calories. (Damn that's a lot)

13. In Bellville, Missouri, it is illegal to ask for candy if you are over the age of 13.

14. The longest haunted house in the world is "Factory of Terror" in Canton, Ohio.

15. In a few American cities, Halloween was originally called "Cabbage Night." The name is on a Scottish fortune-telling game in which girls would use cabbage stumps to predict who their future husband would be.

That is all today my dear humans. But seriously, what was with girls wanting to know who their future husbands were? Lmao I'm probably gonna end up marrying a book. But leave a suggestion or a few for facts you wanna hear next.