Disturbing crime facts

⚠️Trigger warning ⚠️ 

This chapter contains descriptive facts about crimes that have occurred (such as r*pe) may be disturbing to some readers. Please use caution while reading or just skip this chapter entirely. This chapter is really dark. Thank you.

Facts found at buzzfeed.com and factinate.com

1. The golden state killer, who committed around 13 murders between 1974 and 1986 was known for breaking into his victim's houses, undressing and then standing at the door of the victim's bedroom, tapping and scraping his knife against the door frame until they woke up.

2. Jeffery Dahmer, who was convicted of 15 homicides, admitted to cooking and eating some of his victims. 

3. Leonarda Cianciulli was a woman from Italy in 1939 did human sacrifices to ensure the safety of her eldest child. After murdering three women, she boiled their bodies into tea cakes and bars of soap. That she shared with her neighbors 

4. The Harpe Brothers killed at least 39 people in Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, and Ohio from 1797 to 1799.

5. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, only 42% of violent crime is reported to authorities. Of that 42%, only 46% cases are cleared. Therefore, less than a quarter of violent crimes get solved.

6. Charles Albright got a lot of media attention for the murder of Shirley Williams, who was found dead with both of her eyes missing.

7. In 1978, Lawrence Singleton raped a fifteen-year-old hitchhiker, Mary Vincent. When he was done, he cut off her forearms with a hatchet and threw her off a cliff. Miraculously, Vincent managed to crawl up the cliff and attract the attention of a passing car. She was taken immediately taken to a hospital and survived, though with horrific wounds both within and without. Despite her testimony, Singleton only served eight years in prison for the crime.

8. John George Haigh—the Acid Bath Murderer—earned his nickname for his practice of dissolving the bodies of his victims in acid.

9. More than half of Alaska's serial murders took place in the 1980s and 90s. The rest belong mostly to Robert Hansen, a baker who tortured and murdered at least seventeen women from 1971 until his arrest in 1983.

10. Serhiy Tkach used his experience as a Soviet soldier and police forensics expert to avoid Ukrainian authorities for decades while he murdered more than 100 people.

11.Amelia Dyer was a 19th century "baby farmer" in England. She ran a home for unmarried pregnant women where she would care for them and their children, helping the infants find a home.When a small corpse was found floating in the Thames, it was wrapped in a paper with Dyer's address on it. At her house, they found another 50 corpses.  Dyer had been committing her crimes for nearly 30 years, and it's believed she killed more than 300 children. (That's so sad.)

12. Between 2005 and 2009, the bodies of eight women have been found in a swamp in Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana. Their killer has never been found, but there are accusations of misconduct directed at the police department.

13. After Albert Fish killed and consumed a ten-year-old girl, he wrote a letter to her mother explaining how sweet and tender she was.

Yeah, that's all. I couldn't do anymore. Which fact was the creepiest for you?  I'll do a less creepy chapter in a few days. Any suggestions for what I should do? Thanks for reading my lovelies ❤️ 

Please vote!

-Whimsical-Soul