Random facts about Disney

Credit goes to BuzzFeed.com

1. Cinderella actually financially rescued the studio after it became a huge hit in 1950.

2. After Sleeping beauty bombed at the box office, Disney decided not to make another fairy tale for thirty years.

3. The Aristocats was the last movie Walt approved to be made before his death.

4. Sleeping beauty takes place in 18th century France.

5. Dumbo is one of the shortest full-length Disney movies, and its the only Disney movie where the main character never speaks.

6. Tiana from the Princess and the Frog is the only Disney princess with dimples.

7. A hyena biologist sued Disney for portraying hyenas as villains in The Lion King.

8. Frozen is the first Disney animated film directed by a woman.

9. Finding Nemo harmed clownfish populations after a run of people started buying pet clownfish after seeing the movie.

10. Tangled is the second most expensive movie ever made.

11. Boo's real name from Monsters, inc. Is Mary.

12. It would take about 9.4 million balloons to lift Carl's house from up.

13. The name Mulan uses while disguised as a man (Fa Ping) is a pun on the Chinese term for "Eye candy"... 😶

14. The voice actress behind Lilo in Lilo and Stitch (Daveigh Chase) also played Samara in The Ring.

15. Over 50 children were hospitalized with salmonella after the release of The Princess and the Frog. They all became ill after kissing frogs.

16. Ursula from The Little Mermaid is said to be inspired by the drag queen Divine.

This next fact will freaking destroy any childhood memories....so you have been warned. Skip to eighteen if your still VERY innocent.

17.If the events of Finding Nemo actually happened, and Nemo's mother and siblings got eaten, Nemo's father would have developed female sex organs and bred with Nemo.

18. The names of the main characters in Frozen sound out the name of the author of the original story the movie is based on. Hans, Kristoff, Anna, Sven =  Hans Christian Andersen.

19. Sulley from Monsters, Inc. originally had  Tentacles instead of legs. They were changed because it was thought tentacles would be distracting. The second version of the character was designed with legs, but no arms.

20. Young Ellie from Up is voiced by the daughter of the director, Ellie Docter.

21. The author of the Mary Poppins books was not a fan of the film adaptation of her books. She spent most of the premiere in tears and refused to let Disney adapt the rest of the series.

22. The from vulturesThe Jungle Book were intended to be voiced by the Beatles.

That's all for today. Facts 13 and 17 basically runnier me lol, and I will never ever look at Disney the same. What type of facts should I post next?