Random facts about random things

(I posted this a while back.)

Credit goes to the fact site

1. Llamas can be used as guards against coyote attacks on sheep herds. Studies have proven that just one guard llama is an effective protector and can even kill the attacking coyotes.

2. The only letter that doesn't appear on the periodic table is J.

3. If polar bears and grizzly bears mate, their offspring is called a"pizzly bear".

4. There is actually a difference between coffins and caskets – coffins are typically tapered and six-sided, while caskets are rectangular.

5. In order to keep Nazis away, a Polish doctor faked a typhus outbreak. This strategy staved 8,000 people.

6. Octopuses and squids have beaks. The beak is made of keratin – the same material that a bird's beak and our fingernails are made of.

7.  IKEA is an acronym that stands for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd, which is the founder's name, the farm where he grew up, and hometown.

8. Researches have found that flossing your teeth can help your memory. Flossing prevents gum disease, which prevents stiff blood vessels, which causes memory issues.

9. Ben & Jerry's has an online flavor graveyard for their 10 discontinued ice cream flavors. Each one has a photo, life span, and epitaph.

10. Tic Tacs got their name from the sound they make when they are tossed around in their container.

11.  Chewing gum boosts mental proficiency and is considered a better test aid than caffeine – but nobody knows why.

12. In South Dakota, you can get a driver's permit at age 14 with parental consent. Once you turn 16, you can get your license.

13. There are over 6,000 known species of grass.

14. Cold showers have more health benefits than hot or warm showers. These include improving circulation, stimulating weight loss, and easing depression.

15. Octopuses only touch in situations of mating or aggression. Female octopuses sometimes do both, strangling and eating the male after mating.

16. In the popular film, The Godfather, the word "mafia" is never said because the actual mafia commanded it.

17. Your tonsils can grow back if there was tissue left behind during the removal process. Sometimes it's accidental, other times it's left on purpose.

18. People who donate blood in Sweden are sent a text message each time their blood saves a life.

19. Cranes are built using cranes.

20. Fruit stickers are edible, though the same with any fruit, washing prior to eating is recommended. The glue used for them is regulated by the FDA.

21. Cookie Monster's real name is Sid.

22. August 17th is known as Black Cat Appreciation Day.

23. The flashes of colored light you see when you rub your eyes are called "phosphenes".

24. Steven Spielberg and George Lucas wanted to make an animated Calvin and Hobbes movie. The author declined because he wanted to protect the integrity of the comic.

25. By using big data, Wal-Mart determined that people stock up the most on strawberry Pop-Tarts and beer before a hurricane.

These are weird. I had my tonsils taken out when I was three, but I didn't know they could grow back. (They aren't going to) Also, that is a lot of grass. Which one was your favorite?

Thats all my lovelies. I hope you enjoyed. Please vote and comment on  what you want to see next! ❤️ 

-DarkMoonsLover