Facts about water

Facts found from seametrics.com 

1. 30% of fresh water is in the ground.

2. 1.7% of the world's water is frozen and therefore unusable.

3. Approximately 400 billion gallons of water are used in the United States per day. (Holy fu-)

4. Water can dissolve more substances than any other liquid including sulfuric acid.

5. The freezing point of water lowers as the amount of salt dissolved in at increases. With average levels of salt, seawater freezes at -2 °C (28.4 °F).

6. To create one pint of beer it takes 20 gallons of water. (I'm more of a wine/vodka person. And no, I do not drink it regularly.) 

7. Water weighs about 8 pounds a gallon.

8. A jellyfish and a cucumber are each 95% water. (jellyfish are cool.)

9. Water expands by 9% when it freezes.

10. By 2025, water withdrawals are predicted to increase by 50 percent in developing countries and 18 percent in developed countries. 

11. It takes more than twice the amount of water to produce coffee than it does tea.

12. If the entire world's water were fit into a 4 liter jug, the fresh water available for us would equal only about one tablespoon.

13. Water regulates the Earth's temperature.

12. The average pool takes 22,000 gallons of water to fill.

13. It takes about 70 gallons of water to fill a bathtub.

14. Water makes up about 66 percent of the human body.

15. There are no scientific studies that support the recommendation to drink 8 glasses of water per day

16. Drinking too much water can be fatal (known as water intoxication).

17. There is more fresh water in the atmosphere than in all of the rivers on the planet combined.

18. About 27 trillion gallons of groundwater are withdrawn for use in the U.S. each year.

19. Hydrologists estimate, according to the National Geographic Society, U.S. groundwater reserves to be at least 33,000 trillion gallons — equal to the amount discharged into the Gulf of Mexico by the Mississippi River in the past 200 years.

20. 500 sheets of paper requires 1,321 gallons of water.

These are interesting. Which fact did you like the most? Leave a comment for what I should do next. Thanks for reading my lovelies ❤️ 

Please vote!

-Whimsical-Soul