Groundhog Day

APRIL & PHIL

"Where's Bam gone?" April glanced over her shoulder.

"Here's your coffee," Phil joined her on the sofa. "He'd be in Punxsutawney by now. They drove in early to get there."

"Earlier than he's ever woken up," April blew on her coffee. "Too hot, Phil. You know Jenn's got a new coffee machine."

"I just used instant," Phil sipped. "I've still got those packets from the hotels in Europe."

JENN & MISSY

"Thanks for inviting me," Missy adjusted her hair within her beanie. "What do I look like? This is why I don't ride my bike. The helmet just ruins it."

"You look fine," Jenn parked the car. "This is the place. Look at all the snow. The lodge is just up this way, I'll pop the trunk."

"Is yours as heavy as mine?" Missy handed Jenn her suitcase. "I couldn't decide what to bring, except for scarves and sweatshirts. I even brought my Ugg boots. Is that bad?"

"No, it's not bad," Jenn smiled. "The guys and Ape and Phil are in one room, but I've booked us twin beds."

"Separate, I hope," Missy laughed. "There's the front desk. I'll check us in. I don't mind paying, honest. I've got a job at 21 North now, you know. I'm goin' places. I saw that! Don't laugh. It's not all that bad."

BAM & NOVAK

"You're fuckin' kidding me," Novak shivered. "Gimme back my clothes. Frantz, put down that camera."

"You've gotta do it," Bam chuckled. "It's not that cold."

"You jump in there!"

"No thanks," Bam turned to Frantz. "Start filming. He's gonna do it. Whether we chuck him in or not."

JENN & MISSY

"Have the guys already gone?" Missy asked.

"We're following them," Jenn nodded. "This way, towards the snowmobiles. See, there's some handlers there. And of course, they're all looking at you."

"Perhaps I'm wearing the wrong clothes."

"In their eyes, too many," Jenn smiled. "Let's follow the boys. They're out at some lake, doing some stunt."

"Is this how I do it?" Missy scrunched up her nose. "Thank you, so much. Thank you... "

"Slow down!"

"Jenn, I can't," Missy laughed. "Oh, my stomach. I've never felt so good in a while."

"Missy! Stop here. Look at all the birds in the trees. It's beautiful. You know, I never thanked you for lookin' after the castle while we were in Europe."

"Oh, that's alright," Missy shrugged. "It was only really keeping Novak from finding things to do, and people to pay. You know how it is with him."

"Did Bam tell you Clutch is coming to play?"

"Oh, yes," Missy smiled. "Despite all the pranks you must live through, there are some perks. Like Europe!"

"I wanted you to come," Jenn raised her eyebrows. "But we had already pressed the production company on the budget."

"I would've said no anyway," Missy bit her cheek. "My grandma was visiting from Florida. I had to visit her as well as keep Novak from goin' off the rails."

"Well, you did a good job," Jenn revved the engine. "And I'm sure Bam will take another trip, and we can take you along."

APRIL & MISSY

"You two are so close," April smiled. "I don't mind sayin' it. Well, I do, but it's good to see that Jenn has one friend she can truly count on."

"Oh, Ape. I can call you that, right? Good. Well, to be honest, Jenn doesn't just have me. She has Katie, and Selina, and of course, Jessica."

"Yes, and I'm not speaking openly when I say this," April paused. "But Selina is always with Seth, and Katie always seems a tad jealous. And Jessica's so busy. Not that they're not good friends, mind you. But I suppose Bam's success has spurred her to do more than work a couple of shifts at the hardware store."

"Is that what she's doing now?" Missy stared.

"No, I just figure a lot of the boys and girls who graduated from WC East didn't amount to much," April shrugged. "Their mothers come into the salon and their fathers are always at the bar. The sons join them in trade or apprenticeships, and some of their daughters ask me for tips on how to start a hair salon from home. Perhaps seeing Bam on a major show, or Jess on a state wide tour, makes her want to do more than just stick around a small town. To be honest, I don't mind if she does. But it matters for her, you see."

"I want to be a model," Missy nodded. "Oh, but it's harder than it looks. Thank you, April. That means a lot. But really, I don't think I have the figure or the look for it. What it takes is name recognition. You need to know someone to get anywhere. If nobody looks at the application, then I'll stay mopping the floors at 21 North. No, I started a while ago, it's not too new."

"Well," April patted her hand. "I think I see Bam heading downstairs for the bar. You know Clutch is coming tomorrow. Well, of course Jenn is excited, too. Don't stay up too late, and be aware they'll be all over him."

"Who?"

"The girls," April nodded. "I don't know how Jenn puts up with it. You should've seen what it was like in Europe once they saw the cameras round him. Didn't you say you had a boyfriend?"

"We broke up a while ago," Missy shrugged. "It's alright. I'm over it, whatever."