i - east

»»————-  ————-««
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 : 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

A spark, a flame and an explosion. Music to her ears.

Icy blue eyes contradicted the reflection of the blazing reds and oranges in front of her, leaving a small smile on her dry lips.

"That was sick!" A voice shouted from beside her. She turned around to look at her accomplice, a shit-eating grin displayed on his face while his hands were thrown into the air in excitement.

The two teenagers stood up from their hiding spot behind a bush as they looked up at their glorious 'art piece'. The burning building in front of them was completely engulfed in waves of fire, charred wooden panels dropping to the ground like apples after they burned to a crisp, all while an enormous cloud of smoke started to appear above the burning house. The smoke rose above the line of trees that created the forest around the two, undoubtedly attracting all sorts of unwanted attention.

Well, not really unwanted. To be honest, the girl couldn't care less about danger as she looked at her creation, which could be seen as kind of ironic.

"Eris?"

The name made the girl whip her head to her side, looking her taller friend in the eyes, the slightest of frowns appearing on her brows. Eris was obviously not her real name. It was a nickname she adopted years ago during her childhood. She preferred it over her actual name, which she hadn't heard or used in years, and to be fair, she liked to keep it that way.

"You reckon Wilbur's going to be mad?"

Eris laughed, a mischievous glint in her eyes that could barely be observed by the taller one of the duo as a dark blue cap hooded the top of her face, "Well Tommy, of course-"

She paused a second before resuming her sentence, throwing a plastic canister that was previously placed in front of her into the raging fire, "But that makes it all the more fun, doesn't it?"

A quick nod was sent her way, accompanied by a loud laugh, "True, true. Well that's what the bastard gets for messing with us anyways."

Eris just replied with a hum, before repositioning her cap, taking a quick glance at her surroundings. The two friends were in enemy territory. When you add the large amount of commotion they just caused in said enemy's territory, to the already impending danger, it was quite important to be on guard.

As she looked around she found nothing suspicious around her, well besides a chicken that waddled around in circles in the distance. Dumb chicken.

The duo watched the crumbling home in front of them for another few minutes before they decided it was time to go.

"Which way do we go back?" Tommy asked as they stepped back from the house.

Eris picked up a small compass that was strapped to her belt, holding it up. The red arrow in the centre of the object moved around for a bit before it stilled, pointing to the east. She took a few steps and repositioned her stance so it was now facing north, before looking up.

"East."

Tommy frowned, "Is that left or right?"

"East."

A frustrated groan escaped the boy's lips, causing Eris to have a difficult time keeping in a chuckle, "I don't know that math shit, do we go left or right?"

The brunette finally let out the small laugh she tried to hold in before pointing to her right, "East."

Tommy rolled his eyes, opening his mouth to undoubtedly let out a colourful insult before he was cut off by the sound of twigs snapping on the forest floor. His eyes widened before he was pulled down by Eris, who held a silencing finger to her lips.