xvii - ten duel commandments

»»————-  ————-««
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

One thing to be noticed was the fact that Eris didn't feel as blurry and numb as before. Instead, the suffocating emptiness in her stomach and the sleep in her head buzzed through her mind. For the first time in who knows how long, Eris felt physically awake.

To her misfortune however, her awareness came with the already emphasized pit in her stomach and an aching back to add to that.

As the events of the evening before entered her head and the remaining sleep left her mind, she also realised that she had properly slept, and with that; the reason why.

She frowned as she stared at the wall, listening for the breathing of the other presence in the room, but strangely, and fortunately, there was none.

Eris rolled over, making sure to not put pressure on her still-weak shoulder and eyed the corner where she had last seen the dark-eyed man. The cobblestone collision of the Two walls stared back at her emptily.

Eris sighed. Why had she fallen asleep? Why did she have to prove him right?

The lit candle next to the door still danced slowly, swaying to an unknown beat. Blue eyes followed closely as the flame moved, carefully analysing every small movement as they had done so many times before.

Some time went by like that, watching the candle burn to an anticlimactic death, sizzling out of existence ever so slowly.

It was shortly after that when the sound of footsteps down the stairs were heard, and Eris sat up from her lying position as she listened, trying to figure out the owner of those steps.

The lighter sound of slouching feet were the giveaway to the repetitive noise.

Three small knocks were heard before George unlocked and opened the door slowly.

Tired eyes glanced shortly at Eris' probably-equally-tired ones, before they averted to the candle next to his face.

Something was different in George's behaviour as he replaced the burnt-out candle with a fresh one with shaky hands and his normally slowed breathing now hitched slightly every so often.

Eris noticed quietly, but didn't question it.

In silence, George removed the chain around Eris' ankle and picked her up slowly to bring her to the bathroom, as he had done so many times before.

Once he locked the door behind Eris, she stood up from her leaning position against the bath, reaching over to the sink in front of her.

She still didn't dare look up at her reflection in the mirror in front of her, instead she tilted her head downwards, staring at her pale arms that gripped at the sides of the sink.

Her stomach sunk at the sight of them. Instead of the slightly tanned, toned arms she had grown to expect, she came to see the frail underarms that showed barely any inclination of a muscle at all.

Technoblade would be disappointed.

Reaching over to the faucet, she turned it on and waited impatiently, before splashing water in her face rather aggressively.

Eris did this a few times, ridding herself of her thoughts before she turned the faucet off again, leaning back against the side of the bath once more.

She sat in silence for a moment, not moving as she held her hands against the sides of her head.

Shortly after George knocked on the door and brought her down again, leaving her to be entertained by the candle once more.