xxii - a mother's song

»»————-  ————-««
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠

At some point, after a long silence, Eris and George headed back to the cabin, both worn out by the strenuous task of gardening, not to mention their little incident with the apple tree.

Once they appeared on the doorstep again, George turned to the brunette next to him.

"Give me your cloak," He whispered hastily, reaching his hands out.

Eris raised an eyebrow in reply, "Why?"

"Sapnap will literally murder you if he saw what you did-, just give it."

The girl nodded, unclasping the cloak and dropping it in his hands just in time for the black-haired man himself to open the door.

George managed to fold the object behind his back just quickly enough, sending the man in front of him a toothy grin.

Sapnap narrowed his eyes, lazy traces of sleep still visible on his features, "What'd you do?"

George shrugged innocently, still holding the cloak behind his back, "Nothing."

In reply, Sapnap just rolled his eyes, before turning to Eris, who had a hard time keeping her mouth in a straight line.

The previously narrowed eyes were now turned into a glare as his amber eyes came in contact with icy-blue ones, which was promptly returned, their contrasting hues clashing.

"Why is she outside?" Sapnap grumbled, not taking his eyes off Eris, arms now crossed over his chest.

"Because I needed her help in the garden?" George replied slowly, tones of question in his voice like he was confused by the words, "Is that a problem for you?"

"Yes."

It was now George's turn to roll his eyes, "Stop being such a big baby, Sapnap."

"I'm not being a baby!" He said in reply, finally averting his eyes from Eris' stare down, with a raised voice that resembled a whine more than anything, which was very amusing to Eris, to say the least.

She couldn't stop herself from letting a chuckle leave her mouth.

"Shut the fuck up!" The black-haired man growled, raising his finger in warning to Eris, who held up her hands in fake surrender, continuing to laugh soundlessly.

George himself let out a chuckle as well, before taking a step forward, up the first step of the little porch, subtly turning his back away from Sapnap to hide the filthy cloak he held behind his back, "Well, we should go inside, time for breakfast."

Eris moved to follow the brunet as he started to walk, but she was promptly stopped in her tracks by a hand on her shoulder.

"Hold on," Sapnap grumbled, not matching the glare Eris sent him as he instead glanced at George, whose face fell into one of confusion

"Dream wants to see her," Sapnap added.

The confusion on George's face made place for a frown and he rolled his eyes, before turning around and walking inside.

Now it was Eris' turn to feel confused, the cryptic wording and glances playing a big part in that. She pushed the hand on her shoulder to the side, taking a step backward from the man that stood in front of her.

"What the fuck does he want?" She questioned, repositioning the hat that was placed on her hair subconsciously.

The man shrugged dismissively, "Just follow me."