xxiii - a nightmare's dream

»»————-  ————-««
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 : 𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

Eris took a step backward, a wooden sword raised in front of her as a strand of hair fell in front of her face. She took a deep breath.

Sapnap stood in front of her with an almost mirrored stance, features drawn in concentration, a few strands of black hair falling over the white bandana he always seemed to wear.

They had been sparring for almost an hour now, Eris was exhausted, her body still fatigued from the day before. Strangely enough, her muscles didn't ache; she was just tired.

Glancing to the side, she could barely observe George sitting on one of the logs displayed around the little training area, munching on an apple as he observed the other two.

Eris' attention was pulled away from the brunet however as the sound of an object splitting through the air grew noticeable, making her jump to the side, just in time to prevent the wooden sword from hitting her shoulder.

Eris and Sapnap continued to spar. At first, they went easy on one another, but as time went on, the two became more aggressive in their movements and strikes, unreleased tension and anger sparking a dangerous flame between them.

The man threw blow after blow, making Eris back up, dodging the swings clumsily, before she did the first thing that came to mind to get her out of the situation; she pulled her sword back slightly before driving it forward, slamming it against his bad leg.

Sapnap shouted in pain as he staggered backward, sword dropping to the ground.

"What the fuck?!" He yelled, reaching over to his leg instinctively.

Uh oh.

Before Eris could truly fathom what happened Sapnap stormed in her direction before shoving her to the ground with almost enough force to move a mountain, sending her to the ground with a painful thud.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" He shouted again, leaning over her with an explosive look in his eyes, almost matching the same eruption Eris felt inside as she looked up with a glare in her lighter ones.

She swiftly picked herself up from the ground, adrenaline rushing through her veins, this time shoving him backward, head held high on her shoulders.

Visibly stunned for a second, Sapnap's eyes widened slightly before they set in an even bigger frown, moving forward to push Eris once more.

But before that could happen, the two were separated by a particular brunet jumping in between them, putting his hands on the black-haired man to prevent him from striking the shorter brunette.

"Alright, stop it you two," George warned lowly, pushing Sapnap back slightly to create more space between them.

"She's a fucking cheater and went for my bad leg!" Sapnap shouted, trying to rid himself of George's hands that desperately clung onto him to keep him in place.

Eris scoffed, "Not my fault you have such an obvious weak spot."

George quickly turned around to glare at Eris' words, still trying to hold Sapnap back.

"You bitch!"

"Both of you, shut the fuck up and take a walk," George commanded, still somehow standing between them, switching his glare between the two, pointing in opposite directions.

Sapnap didn't have to be told twice, ripping himself from the brunet's grasp and disappearing in the sea of trees that surrounded them.

Eris let out a heavy breath, shoulders slouching as he walked off, alerting George, who turned to face her fully.