Eren X Reader: I'll Protect You |

"Ughhhhh." Eren groans into his arm, his head resting on the table. Mikasa is alerted by the sound and looks towards the source of the noice. "What's wrong Eren?" 

"Everything." 

Eren is sitting at a table with Armin and Mikasa, meanwhile you are at another table with Jean, Sasha, and Connie. There's nothing Eren hates more than having to watch you sit on the other side of the room away from him, eating with Jean and smiling warmly at him. He wants you to smile at him

And then you start laughing, bending over and clutching your abdomen, tears threatening to spill from your eyes from laughing too hard. Eren's head shoots up at the sound. He believes your laugh truly is a beautiful sound. It can make anyone fill with happiness just from hearing it. Your laugh makes his heart swell. But someone else is making you laugh, and the problem is that the someone is not Eren. He slowly turns his head east to see that Jean is the one causing you to burst with laugher. Fucking horseface. Of all people.

It's no secret that Jean has had a crush on you for a while now, but of course everyone except for you seems to notice. It's pretty obvious too. The way he stares at you with literal heart eyes from across the room, flirts with you every chance he gets, how he always seems to find a way to stand next to you, and how whenever your name is mentioned his whole face lights up in glee. The way he pines after you even surpasses how he pined after Mikasa. Jean has tried and will continue to try to gain your heart.

But Eren got it first. You guys have been dating for a while now, but Eren decided to keep it under wraps out of fear that you would be used as leverage to lure Eren to any potential enemy that wants his attack titan.

The sight of Jean flirting with you right in front of his face is enough to make Eren's head boil. He shoots daggers into Jean with his turquoise eyes, but Jean is too occupied with trying to woo his girlfriend with his anything but funny jokes. Right when Eren thinks he has calmed down, Jean slings an arm around your shoulder, pulling you close to his side.

This mf.

Eren's legs move before he can process his actions, angrily walking over to where you and Jean are sitting.

Armin's head chirps up at his motion, eyes following eren's moving figure. "Eren, where are you going?" Eren dosen't answer, fumes practically blowing out of his ears. Before he knows it he is standing right behind Jean, fists tightly clenched together in a fist by his side. "Oi. Horseface."

Jean turns around and stands up, face contorting in anger due to the nickname. Your head follows right after, eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. "Ere-"

Pow!

With an abundant amount of force, Eren's fist connected to Jean's jaw, spit flying out of his agape mouth. "EREN!" You stand up from your seat and rush to Eren's side, smacking him in the head. "What was that for?" Multiple heads fly up around the mess hall trying to locate the cause of the commotion.

Jean clutches his aching jaw, trying to move it around despite the pain."Oh ho ho, you suicidal bastard. Have you finally gone off the deep end?" Eren laughs, shaking his head in amusement.

"Hands. Off. My. Girlfriend."

Jeans jaw drops at the sudden information, eyes goggling out of his head. You swear you hear Sasha choke on her food.

"Excuse me what? Girlfriend?" Jean looks at you in confusion, then back at Eren, trying to process what was just said. "You? And her? Dating? Like someone willingly agreed to spend time with you?" Jean looks back at you, tilting his head silently asking you if this is true. You slowly nod your head, scanning the mess hall to avoid his gaze. Now all the heads are staring at you three, shocked looks spread across their faces. You duck your head to look at the ground and shift so that you're standing behind Eren, silently praying you will just disappear into thin air.

Eren snickers and intertwines his fingers with yours, bringing it up like a trophy to show to Jean. "Yes. Dating. Me and her. Why is it so hard to believe?" Jean narrows his eyes at Eren. "Have you looked in the mirror before?"

Eren twitches in anger at Jean's remark, but somehow resisting the urge to knock Jean to the floor, Eren drags you both out of the mess hall into the hallway, pulling you into a tight embrace once out of view from everyone.

"Eren? Why did you do all that? You know I don't like you fighting with Jean."

He nuzzles his face into your hair, inhaling and memorizing your scent.

"Jean was getting too cocky with you. I couldn't stand someone else being able to touch you and make you laugh like that in public when I can't. Especially not him."

"But I thought you wanted to keep us a secret for now because of the titan stuff?"

"Not anymore. I'll protect you. Just let me hold you."