Jean X Reader: Slow Dancing

You're sitting down on the couch, computer in front of you, books sprawled across your lap. You were in Jean's apartment today, doing your zoom class like always. Despite having your own apartment, you like to come over to his own to do your classes and your school work, enjoying his company. Right now, Jean is in his own room, attending his own classes.

You guys haven't talked for about an hour, both of you currently focused on what you're doing. Your teacher is blabbing on like always, speaking in current words that don't seem to reach your brain. You're just scrolling through your phone like usual, looking through social media, maybe texting a few friends once in a while. You'd be crazy if you said that you actually paid attention to the work that you were "supposed" to be doing.

You're getting bored, and the only thing that is going to your mind is certainly not the teacher lecturing the class, but your boyfriend Jean that is in the other room. Deciding that you've had your fill of school for one day, you come up with a plan that is sure to lure him out of his room. Connecting your phone to your Bluetooth speaker, you put on a slow song that is one of your favorites, and also his.

You guys like to call it "your song" since it's the song that the both of you first bonded to when you were taking a late night drive in his car. That night was definitely one of your favorites, and you know it was his too. Now anytime that it comes on again, the both of you are immediately put into a good mood, reminiscing about when you guys first became a couple.

You put the speaker on almost full volume, loud enough to reach Jean in his room and to lure him out, but too loud so that it will not bother your other neighbors. Now, you just relax and wait for him to come out.

Jean is sitting down in his bedroom, phone in hand scrolling through, his own computer in front of him with his zoom class on the screen when he hears the music come on in the background. Raising an eyebrow in question, he lowers the volume of his teachers speaking on the computer so that he could hear it better. The music becomes clearer, and he remembers that familiar rhythm, having heard it a thousand times before. He realizes that, it's your song. The one that both of you love, bringing a warm smile to his face. Wondering what on earth you're doing in the middle of classes, he pushes his computer to the side, dropping his phone on the bed and approaches the door, turning the knob and walking out.

You hear the door click open, and a smile blooms on your face, happy with your plan succeeding. Jean walks down the hallway, a curious look on his face. As he approaches the living room, he sees you standing in the middle of the floor, right arm extended out, inviting him to join you. He walks towards you, the smile on your face only brightening with every step he takes. His long legs stop only a few inches in front of you, looking down on your extended arm, and then to your face.

"What are you doing?" Jean asks you, eyebrows furrowed, voice a little horse from not speaking for a while. You shake your arm a little bit, encouraging him to grab it. "Come here." Jean tilts his head in question, but before he gets the chance to reply you pull him into you, wrapping your arms around his neck, fingers rubbing at hair that meets his neck, resting your head against his chest. Your favorite part of the song comes on, and you start humming along, the sound vibrating against his chest. "Dance with me. Just one song. Then you can go."

Jean sighs. He knows better than to argue, he already learned his lesson that once you put your mind to something, it's hard to change it. So he wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you closer to his body. "This is so stupid", he mutters under his breath, but loud enough for you to hear, causing you to only giggle.

Slowly, you start moving, swaying him side to side, trying to urge him to do the same. Reluctantly, he follows your lead, stiffly moving along with you, but slowly melting into this song. He closes his eyes, eyes sore from staring at the computer screen for too long, and relaxes his head on top of yours. The song continues to play on, the rhythm soothing both of your senses. You're still humming along, enjoying being in your boyfriend's hold. Jean listens to you sing along, secretly enjoying the slow dancing.

You guys are swinging side to side, your breathing is steady, blowing soft brushes of air against his chest, guiding him to the beat. You can feel his heartbeat beating against your ear, the sound making you feel calm inside. You guys move and step, the song in the background lulling you away, Jean's breathing in tune with yours.

Soon, the song ends, you're humming also stopping with it. Jean opens his eyes, brows furrowing together, wondering why you stopped. Knowing that you promised him only one dance, You sigh, sad that the moment had to end. You pull away from his chest, ready to let go of him only for his arms to pull you back in, holding you even closer to his chest. You place your hands on his chest, lifting your head up to look at him in question, a cocky smile on your face. "I thought this was so stupid?"

The tips of Jean's ears go red, and he looks away to the side, amber eyes avoiding yours. "Maybe it's not that stupid", he mumbles under his breath.

You cup your hand on his cheek, turning his face to look at you. "Who would've known that Jean Kirstein enjoys slow dancing?" Your smile only widens at his flushed face, pink spreading from his ears. He buries his face in your neck to hide his blushing cheeks, his hair tickling your skin, pulling you closer to him. "Shut upp. This is... nice." You feel his mouth move against your skin, soft soft air making you feel happy. You decide to give him a break, happy that you still get to dance with him, and you rest your head against his chest once more.

You guys stay like that for a while, the song playing on repeat, just enjoying each other's warmth.