Eren X Reader: Eye of the Storm

Where the hell is eren?

This is what you're thinking as you cautiously trudge down the forest path, dodging different tree stumps and desperately trying to avoid the sticky mud. If your memory serves you right, this is the direction you saw Eren go.

This wouldn't be the first time that you have seen Eren head this way, you noticed it's starting to become a pattern. Almost every time after eren finishes his training, he heads straight this way. You don't think anyone else knows about where Eren's been going, every time someone asks him about it he just brushes it off and claims, "He's going on a walk."

Bull. Shit.

You're close enough with eren to know better. You guys aren't exactly in a relationship - nothing being made official yet - but you guys are there for each other. And that was enough.

Now, you knew he wasn't just going on walks, and so you were determined to find out where he actually has been going. Your curiosity got the better of you, and that is what led you here in a forest, feet tripping over literal air, almost falling face first into a muddy puddle.

"Shit." You curse at your clumsiness under your breath, successfully avoiding what could have been a very terrible accident. You reach the final clearing of trees, your eyes spotting a deep blue of water sprawled out in a lake in front of you.

"Wow." Your eyes scan the area in front of you, mesmerized by the ethereal view. The water. It's just like his eyes. Eren's eyes. Both a ravishing view, sure to steal the breath right out from your lungs. Your body freezes, taking a moment to admire the forever extending beauty before you. The sky is a heavenly mixture of colors, blue, pink, purple, yellow, all the colors of a sunset, blended perfectly together like a painting. So entranced by the sight, you fail to notice the trail of footsteps crunching on the ground, slowly approaching you.

"Beautiful, right?"

Snapped out of your daze by the deep voice beside you, you look to your right to identify the person standing next to you.

It's Eren.

He's already staring at you, eyes intently studying your face. You both lock eyes with each other, water gently splashing in the background.

You were right. Eren's eyes are just like the water, if not an even more astonishing sight to look at. The sun is shining upon his face, the sunlight making the boy look even better than usual, if that's even possible. His chocolate brown hair is once again tied in a messy bun, strands of hair falling out to the side framing his wonderfully structured face.

Eren really is handsome.

You tear your eyes away from his and look back at the lake, afraid if you stare any longer you might just get lost in his eyes.

"It is beautiful."

The question you were originally here for rings in your mind again. "So, this is where you go after training?" You peek a glance at Eren from your peripheral vision, his own eyes now set on the lake as well. "Yeah. It's like my safe place, you know?" He sighs deeply, shoulders raising and dropping. "Makes me feel calm while the storm is happening in the background."

You examine the beauty of the lake again, and you see why eren calls this his safe place. "I understand. The lake just radiates this calmness, immediately attracting you and pulling you in. It's the eye of the storm. No titans, no one constantly pestering you, no people, no orders, just calm."

Eren hums in agreement, nodding his head up and down. "Exactly. eye of the storm." You both stand next to each other in silence for a few minutes, just basking in the sunlight and listening to the quiet blue waves splashing against the shore.