Eren Jaeger X Reader: Northern Crown

feeling something soft and light brush against your face, you stir in bed a little, grunting, your eyes rippling under the lids.

"hey baby, wake uppp." a hushed voice speaks from above you, while you feel strong arms on your shoulders, slightly shaking you awake. groaning, you stir some more, mumbling quiet nothings as you shift in bed.

this time the feeling of two large hands are warm against your cheeks, accompanied by more feather-like touches brushing soft against your eyelids, your forehead, and then pecking the corners of your lips. "babyyy."

"hmm?" now slightly awake, you stretch your hands out, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. turning a bit in bed, you groggily open one eye, only to be immediately faced with a certain chocolate brown haired boy hovering over your lying figure, vivid turquoise eyes staring down at you. "eren?"

"hey baby." eren speaks in a hushed tone, as if not to disturb you, as he sits back on the edge of the bed next to your body, taking your hand in his and softly rubbing your knuckles with his thumb.

"what time is it?" your voice is still laced with tiredness as you slowly shake out of your deep slumber. you scoot back against the headboard, propping your head up with your hand still in eren's.

you look around the bedroom, taking in the atmosphere around you. the room is still dark, the only source of light being the few fairy lights strung on the walls, and the dim moonlight shining in through the uncovered windows. you think it must still be nighttime. you furrow your brows in question as you look back at eren with a befuddled look on your face.

"umm, it should be around 3 am..." using his other hand, he rubs the back of his neck, taking note of your expression.

you hesitantly nod your head, you now rubbing his own hand with your thumb. "why did you wake me up? wait, why are you even up?"

eren smiles sheepishly, turquoise eyes looking away to the side. "i think i heard something moving outside."

you stop your movements, staring at his face, blinking your eyes in disbelief. "eren, baby. you... heard something moving outside? and you felt the need to wake me up?"

he nods his head, smiling a stupid toothed grin. "yeah, i thought we could go check it out."

"you want to go check out the thing moving outside?" you let out a tired sigh, running a hand over your face. "it was probably just a stray cat or something. now, let me go back to sleep in peace."

eren pouts, slightly tugging on your wrist, "well, it might not have been, you never know." he shrugs his shoulders, "c'mon, it'll be an adventuree." he wiggles his eyebrows in a childish manner, causing you to softly smile at his antics. he stands up to his full height, pulling you along with him until you are sitting up straight in the bed.

"you think leading me to a possible animal outside, would be an adventure?" you raise your eyebrows, suddenly questioning the boy's sanity.

"yeah, i do in fact. it's not like i'd let it hurt you." he smiles softly, snaking his arm under your thighs, the other on your back, lifting you up from the bed and onto your feet. he was already dressed, clad in a black hoodie and grey sweatpants, all ready to go.

you watch eren through half-lidded eyes as his tall figure trudges towards your closet, opening it and pulling out one of his oversized grey hoodies, walking back and handing it to you.

"here, it's not that cold, so a sweatshirt would be enough." you nod your head, and eren watches as your eyes almost close, your legs wobbly as you almost fall asleep while standing. he chuckles at your state, shaking his head. "baby, are you falling asleep on me?"