Eren X Reader: Can't Sleep

What's the time?

1 AM.

Groaning, you turn around in bed for at least the one hundredth time tonight.

You've been tossing and turning all night, restless in your own bed. You can't fall asleep, and you haven't even slept a full night in weeks. Ever since the last expedition, every time you close your eyes, your fallen comrades are there, staring right back at you, eyes wide with fear and terror.

It truly is painful. Knowing that you couldn't save them in battle. They haunt your dreams.

Every. Single. Night.

Every corner you turn you think you see a fallen friend - but really - it's just your pathetic imagination, playing tricks on you like always. What's new? The only time the nightmares and hallucinations are able to reside, is when you're with Eren. Only those emerald orbs can manage to calm you down.

Sighing, you turn to lay on your back, resting your hands on your stomach and facing the ceiling. You wonder what your comrades are doing now. Where are they? Oh how much you just want to see Eren's sweet face. Just to cuddle into his side and fall asleep, without any nightmares this time for once.

You shut your eyes in hopes of falling asleep soon, only to be disturbed by a musical knock on your door. Eyes flying open, you mentally cursed at the person disturbing your non-sleeping night. You silently pray that they will just go away if you ignore them long enough. That usually seems to work. But not tonight. More knocking on the door. Who dares to bother you tonight? Does no one understand peace and quiet in this place.

Sticking out your tongue to the door like a child, you crawl out of the bed and approach the door. "Who is it?" You hear a cough from the other side of the door, and then a surprisingly deep voice. "It's me." Scratching your bed head, you turn the door handle, and who you see standing on the other side of the door surprises you.

"Eren?"

A goofy,  but tired smile graces his face, turquoise eyes shining in the dark, chocolate brown hair all tousled up. He looks so cute. Eren leans forward and raises his right arm, muscles flexing, and rests it on the door frame above your head.  He looks down at you, hair falling to cup the sides of his face. Dark bags are hidden underneath his eyes, lack of sleep obvious to anyone who looks at him.

"Hi." His voice is low and raspy.

"Hi." Your voice comes out as a mere whisper. "Wanna come in?" You open the door wider to give Eren space to walk in. He nods his head, and walks into your room, throwing himself onto your bed with a thump and making himself comfortable. He's such a baby. Kicking the door shut with your leg, you walk over to your bed and stand in front of Eren, crossing your arms over your chest and staring down at him. You can't fight the smile that grows on your face at the sight of your favorite person before you.

"Eren. What are you doing?" You tilt your head to the side, raising one of your eyebrows. Eren turns his head to face you, and opens one eye, the other pressed into the pillow underneath his head. His luscious brown hair falls to the side, strands resting on the pillow while a lazy smile graces his face. "I can't sleep, can I stay here?"

"Of course you can stay here. You can always stay here." Eren shifts his body and sits up on the bed, legs facing you. "Somethings missing though."

"What's missi-"

To your surprise, Eren's strong arms wrap around your waist and he pulls you onto his lap, causing you to let out a yelp. Your legs are now straddling his, your chest pressed against his. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you looked down at him, a stupid grin across his face, emerald eyes twinkling in the moonlight. Eren's places one hand on the back of your head, and pulls you down to his lips.

His lips are soft and smooth, the kiss slow and passionate, the lack of sleep showing itself. He suddenly falls back to the bed, causing it to sink due to his body weight. You let out a giggle against his lips, while he smiles affectionately against yours. He pulls away and rests his head in the crook of your neck, his soft hair tickling your skin.

"You were missing. Better now." He mutters against your neck. "I missed you." Eren flips you guys over in one motion, him now on top of you. He props one of his arms on the side of your head, and leans down to peck the side of your mouth.

"Eren, I saw you a few hours ago."

Eren brushes your hair out of your face, love sick turquoise eyes looking into yours. "A few hours too long." You smile at your boyfriend's clingy ness. "I missed you too stupid." He lets out a tired yawn, eyes falling half lidded. "We should probably sleep now."

You yawn as well, nodding your head. "Good idea." Eren raises the bed covers, maneuvering you under. You make grabby hands like a child, motioning him to come into your embrace. Eren shows a crooked smile, happy to be with you. Complying, he crawls under the covers as well, wrapping you both in warmth, resting his head on your chest. You snake your arms around him, one hand flaking through his locks, his body weight pressing you into the mattress.

"This is comfy." His voice comes out muffled against your chest.

"Yeah, because your head is on my boobs."

Eren only pushes his head closer to your body, closing the non existent distance between the both of you. "Well they are comfy." You feel him smile into your chest.

"I know." You press a kiss to his forehead, your lips lingering for a few moments.

He hums in contentment. "Goodnight baby."

"Goodnight Eren."

Minutes pass, Eren's breathing slowing and becoming calmer against your chest. You caress his hair, feeling sleep finally coming for you.

And this time when you close your eyes, you only see Eren by your side.