Jean X Reader: Forever Yours

you guys are sitting on the beach, right in front of the vast and azure ocean, the same place you both first set foot on five years ago. the golden sun is resting in the bright sky, casting a warm, and comforting heat over the large stretch of land. the ocean is glistening under the sunlight, subtle turquoise waves crashing onto the shore, shiny seashells getting left behind as the water draws back in.

"let's go up closer." you grab jean's hand, interlacing your fingers with his, standing up and pulling him up along with you. with his large hand in yours, you trek closer to the cerulean waves, feet touching the fine-grained sand. you stop where the water washes over the beach, to the point where it barely meets your feet.

"ooh!" in the corner of your eye, you spot something twinkle in the water, grabbing your attention immediately. letting go of jean's hand, you crouch down, picking up the shiny object, shaking it a bit to get rid of the remaining water. "this is so beautiful...," you murmur under your breath, eyes filled with admiration. even after years of coming here, you still can't get enough of the area's beauty.

from above, jean carefully watches you, admiring your angelic beauty. he awes at how the sun highlights every feature of your face, skin glowing in the golden sun. he can't get enough of the view either, but in his eyes, you looked even more divine than everything else itself.

moving his hand to his pocket on the side of his pants, he palms the small rectangle box, praying silently to himself that you haven't taken notice of his unusual quietness. using his other hand to brush his hair out of his face, he takes a big gulp, as you still awe at the delicate piece in your hands. you rise up to your full height, bringing the seashell up to the light and letting the sun reflect off of it.

it's now or never, jean thinks to himself, wiping his sweaty palms on the front of his grey shirt. with shaky hands, he reaches into his pocket, trying his hardest to steadily pull out the velvet rectangle box. so immersed with the object in your hands, you don't notice the tall figure crouch down on one knee, bone sinking into the sand. you somehow don't notice him open the small box either, letting the cool air hit the even smaller object inside.

wanting to show your lover the gorgeous seashell, you turn your body to face him, extending your arms out with it in your hands. "hey jean, look at this-" you stop dead in your tracks.

eyes landing on the boy crouched on one knee, your mouth falls open, your sentence lost somewhere in your brain. you let your arms fall to your side, the seashell once in your grasp falling into the sand with a soft thump. this time, another twinkle catches your attention, but it's not a seashell, no. it's a ring.

eyes dropping to the object resting inside the box, you see a round, shiny diamond that sits in the middle of the silver band, blue reflections shining in it from the ocean. it's very pleasing to the eye, simple, but also loud, just like the man right in front of you.

as jean's amber eyes carefully observe each and every one of your reactions, he can feel his heart hammering in his heart, thumping in his ears. he swears that it's loud enough for even you to hear. the velvet box quivers in his hold as his hands tremble, wind softly blowing his ashy hair around. once again, he takes a big gulp, mentally preparing for the actual proposal.

as jean quietly states your name, you glance back up at him, mouth still slightly agape. "jean..." once he knows that your attention is on him, he begins.

"____, i don't think i have never met anyone like you before. the very first time i laid my eyes on you, i swear, i fell in love on the spot." he runs a hand through his hair, the action combined with the breeze slightly messing it up.

"i never believed in that whole love at first sight thing, but you, damn you easily changed my mind. every word, every touch, with everything and anything that came from you, you easily made your way into my heart. at first i didn't let you. with the awful world that we lived in, with the responsibility that lived heavily on my shoulders every single day, i was scared. scared to love you, scared to let you love me." despite his aggressively beating chest, and the nervous sweat very lightly trickling down his forehead, jean keeps his voice steady, trying to gather all of his confidence.

at this point, tears are springing in both of your eyes, threatening to stream down your face. you notice his hands trembling, and you reach out your own to cover them, not like it helps much with your own shaking hands as well. looking into his amber eyes, you see the specs of green and yellow that you have grown to love with all your heart, staring right back at you through thick eyelashes, filled with love and affection for you, and you only.

"but with time, i learned that i shouldn't have done that. i shouldn't take things for granted, and i wasted too much time. now, i don't want to waste anymore time with you. i want to spend the rest of my life with you, i want to wake up next to you every morning. i want to be yours, and for you to be mine." he doesn't feel the tears dripping down his face, wetting his shirt.

your own tears are now falling down as well, descending onto your hands. breath caught in your throat, you kneel down in front of jean, scooting on the sand so that your bodies are closer. he cups your face, using his thumb to wipe away the tears streaming down your face, brushing the area underneath your eye. he rests his forehead against yours, chest heaving up and down as he takes unsteady breaths.

"i have loved you for every moment since we were 14. i love you so goddamn much, i didn't even think it was possible to love someone like this." he takes one final breath, the warm air fanning across your face, the box in between your bodies. "so, will you do me the honor, and marry me?"

jean stares into your eyes, searching for your final answer. heart still hammering in his chest, he awaits your response, every nervous bone in his body very active. you look back into his eyes, hand clamped over your mouth, eyes still wide in shock. you must have been like that for long, because jean starts to shuffle in place, the hand he's holding the box with slowly sinking to the ground in disappointment.

"i- it's okay. i understand if you aren't ready ye-"

you immediately cut him off by attaching your lips to his, swallowing his words. after the initial shock disappears, jean wastes no time slinging an arm around your waist, pulling your body flush against his.

this kiss is not like any other shared between you. this one is the most fervent, most intense. his lips are sweet against yours, tasting you and savoring every touch, like it is the last time he would ever get to. this kiss says, yes. i will spend the rest of my life with you. forever yours.

you pull away to catch your breath, both of yours chests rising up and falling down, a lazy smile on your faces. "yes, jean. i want to spend the rest of my life with you too."

in that split second, jean's amber eyes light up a thousand times brighter than ever, his smile growing and spreading across his face, reaching to his eyes forming crinkles in the corner. "i love you so, so much." detaching himself from you, he slowly takes the silver ring out the velvet box, bringing it up into the air. you extend your left hand out for him, and he carefully takes a hold of it, dropping the box to the sand.

with still shaky fingers and shuddering breaths, jean slides the band onto your ring finger, looking into your eyes with a gorgeous smile on his face.

he brings your hand to his mouth, placing a lingering kiss on top of the ring, and then across your knuckles, immediately bringing a comforting warmth to your body. more tears spill from your eyes, streaming down your cheeks. you can't help but think, how on earth did you get so lucky?

"thank you, jean. thank you so much. i-i love you."

"hey, hey." once again, he wipes the tears from your eyes with his thumb, then pressing soft butterfly kisses on both of your eyelids. he chuckles, resting his hands on your upper arms. "of course you're crying."

you shake your head, sniffling as a soft smile grows on your face. "shut up, you were crying too."

"hmm, i don't know what you're talking about." jean pulls you into a tight hug, wrapping his arms around your waist, burying his face into your neck. he rubs his stubble into your skin, knowing well that the action never fails to make you laugh.

giggling, you wrap your hands around his neck, pulling him close to you.

"are you ready for the rest of our lives, jean?"

he smiles into your neck, holding you even tighter. "as long as it's with you, i know i am."