10| who even are u?

trinity taylor.

"No, you must have me confused with someone else." Saija told the white girl who kept insisting she was another person.

"Are you sure? You're not from Allentown?"

"She said no! Leave her alone." I stepped in. "Come on Saija." I pulled her away from the girl. She was being quiet now unlike when we first got here. "You okay?"

She cleared her throat, "Yeah, come on let's see what they have." She walked into Forever 21. We shopped around for a bit and decided to leave because the mood was different now. We got into my car and it was silent again besides the music from my phone playing lowly.

"Do you know anyone from Pennsylvania?" I asked referring to the white girl who kept questioning her.

"No, she had to have me confused with someone else because I don't know anyone from there. I might just look like someone she knows." She shrugged. I nodded, still not believing her completely.

I don't know why'd she have a reason to lie, but something is telling me that she is. I pulled into Meechie's driveway and helped Saija with the few bags she had. She unlocked the door and we carried them to her room. "I gotta go but let me give you my number so we can link up again." I typed my number in her phone and told her goodbye.

Before I left, I headed upstairs to Meechie's room. "Ew put some clothes on."

"Yo Trin what the fuck." He quickly grabbed the towel to cover himself up. "Niggas never know how to knock."

"Shut up. This won't take long."

"Wassup?"

"How well do you know Saija?" I asked.

He sighed, "Well enough. She's my friend... or whatever." He mumbled the last few words, but I still could make out what he said.

"Ok well something weird happened at the mall and I just wanted to tell you to watch who you bring around yourself. You don't want a repeat of I-"

"I get it Trin, damn. Don't even worry about it no more bruh." He dismissed the conversation by walking into the bathroom. I rolled my eyes as I walked out of his house completely. I drove straight to my apartment after grabbing something to eat.

"Kori!" I called out for my puppy. She's a black and brown mixed Morkie. "You miss your mama?" I picked her up with my free hand when she jumped at my feet.

I sat my pizza box down on the counter and got a slice before walking over to my couch. I cut the tv on as I sat down, then grabbed a bottle of water from my mini fridge.

I struggled to watch the cliché lifetime movie that was playing because all I could think about was what happened at the mall. I keep trying to forget about because Meechie asked me to, but I can't.

I grabbed my MacBook and glasses from off of my coffee table. I slid the glasses on and opened my laptop.

Saija Azul Georgia

Was the first thing I searched into google. Nothing important came up. Then I thought again.

Saija Azul Pennsylvania

I figured I finally had something, but still nothing. Then it clicked.

Meacco Azul Pennsylvania

I typed. There were no results for a Meacco Azul, but there were many for a Meacco Blue. I started to dig deeper, and there were pictures of Saija plastered all over them. She's a missing person?

"What the hell is going on?"

"Hello?" I said as I walked around, what seemed to be empty house

There was a note on the kitchen counter from Meechie. He said that he was out handling some business and he would be back later.

I ate some cereal as I watched Netflix on the tv. I overheard Trinity tell Meechie about what happened at the mall yesterday.

I lied. Yes, I did know her. Her name is Chloe and we grew up together in Allentown. But, she moved away so she doesn't know much of what happened with me after elementary school.

Trinity is really cool and I can see is bein friends, but she gives off that she'll just keep digging and digging until she finds out whatever she thinks she's looking for.

Meechie told her to stop assuming shit and to stay out of it, and he didn't bring it up to me. Him leaving today isn't unusual either, so I don't think he's feeding into whatever she's trying to tell him.

I picked up my phone to text Meechie about using one of his cars so I can go and make some groceries. He didn't text me back yet, so I went to clean my dishes and put them away.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, then put on a mint blue hoodie and legging outfit I got from Victoria Secret Pink yesterday. I slipped on my new Ugg slides, and went to check my phone again... no text back.

I sighed and sat back on the couch to finish watching the episode of The Parkers. 5 minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I slightly yelled as I walked up. I couldn't look through the peephole because I'm not tall enough.

"Me."

"Me who?"

"Chance." He said then I opened the door. He unexpectedly gave me a hug before he walked into the house. Even though he surprised me, I hugged him back. "How you doing beautiful?"

I chuckled, a bit stunned at what he said. "I'm good, you?"

"I'm straight ma, where Meechie at?"

"He's out. I'm actually waiting on him to text me back for a okay to use his car because mine is gone." The day Meechie bring me to the hospital, somebody broke into my car and stole most of the things I had out of it, including some mechanical parts. Meechie got it sent to the junkyard and I've been without a car since.

"Where you tryna go? I can take you." He offered. Here comes my paranoia sneaking up on me again. Can I trust him? He's really nice to me, but then again, that's how men try and lure you into their grasp.

"I umm."

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe." He responded with a smile. Chance doesn't give off any bad vibes, so I'll trust my instincts.

I sighed, "Okay, let's go."

What do we think?? Thanks for reading 💖