20| which house is home? pt. 1

a/n: i tried to continue writing this book in character povs since that's how i started it but i hate that shit so much lmfao, so ima finish the book off in third pov.

The next morning, both Saija and Meechie sat in his bed. Her back was against the headboard as they continued their conversation.

"I'll just go back for a day or two. Just to see my dad and sister." Saija tried to reason with him. She was aware of the risks that came with her going back to Allentown, but she wanted to see her family.

"Why don't they just come here?" Meechie asked. He did not like the idea of her going back at all. If something happened to her, he would go crazy.

"My parents don't have enough money for all of them to travel. I was gonna buy my ticket once we were at the airport."

"I'll pay for them." He picked up his phone, already being over this conversation.

"But Meech-"

"I don't want you going back there til I handle him, aight?" He raised his voice more than he meant to and his tone was stern. Saija's eyes slightly widened in reaction. She wasn't used to him acting like that at all. Seeing how she reacted made him feel bad. "Look, I'm sorry but I can't risk something happening to you up there."

"What do you mean 'til you handle him'?" She thought aloud. "Are you a drug dealer? Or like the kingpin or whatever?" Saija once again found her mouth speaking words without her permission. She had always wanted to ask him since she had her assumptions from the beginning, but definitely not like this.

Meechie's reaction wasn't what she expected. His laughter made her feel more embarrassed than confused. "What's so funny?" She held a frown on her face.

"Just cause I'ma black man with a lil money and tattoos, I'ma drug dealer?" He sarcastically asked and Saija didn't appreciate it. Seeing she wasn't feeling the joke, he truthfully answered her question, "No. My dad was and when he died all of the drugs and shit was left up to me, but I didn't want that for myself and I know he didn't either. The first couple years I did feed into tho once I seen everything that came with it: the fast money and the women. My mom's influence didn't help either."

Veronica encouraged Meechie to continue on with the lifestyle because she liked all of the benefits she had from it. She never cared about the impact that it would have on her son. She will forever be mad at him for being the reason that her husband died. In her eyes, if they'd never went to that damn skatepark, Michael would still be here. "But I eventually came back to my senses and started to invest the money into businesses and build some of my own so I don't be supplying nomore." He told her and she nodded in understanding, but she had one last question.

"Have you killed people before?" The room fell quiet. The look on his face and his silence told her everything she needed to know. She wasn't going to ask him anything about it because she didn't want to know that side of him. "Are you gonna kill him?"